MarkW: An Unusual Porter

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
MarkW did many of the "productivity" software ports you find on Pandora, like R, Lyx, GraphViz.... in case you wondered who was behind them, here's an article where you can find more about MarkW and his interest in the Pandora.

--> Continue Reading

promomarkw.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^jup very nice, interesting and informative! good job ekianjo! ; )

funny, how a lot of people includign me are using the Pandora for dektop stuff rather than gaming.

Pyra might be the perfect video player for watching animes with english subs. Cuz thats the real path! : )

I like to take my time and tend to pause a lot while reading the subs, not to miss whats actually going on on the screen. Therefore a space bar is pretty important to me. Trying this on any mobile device like smartphones or tables just sucks!

Good article again.

Looks a nice little corner of the land there too.

Interested in knowing more about that WIP application mentioned at the end, it looks like that remains visible on your desktop right? Would be very useful, having the sys info and more importantly the to-do reminders there

For me it's funny that a lot of people see it as a pure gaming device.
Yeah - although the gaming part is very easy to advertise, I guess.

For me, the desktop part has become way more important than the gaming aspects. I definitely play games once in a while but on a daily basis it's a netbook replacement wherever I am. 

@ Askarus

It was designed with the intention of mobile gaming in mind, but people use it how ever they want. And they easily can do, because its open source. For example, I never came across a better music player. DeaDBeeF, the Burr Brown DAC, the volume wheel/potentiometer thingy and Koss Porta Pro headphones are a killer combination! On top of that, it looks like your walking around with a walkman - totally retro xD

So yap, generally speaking I find it funny when people use stuff in ways they were not intendend to be used (I know Pandora was always advertised for multiple use cases...)

Last edited by a moderator:
For Pyra I do not want to have such a huge gaming advertising, especially Retro stuff.

I would advertise schools and companies.

Some teachers at FOSDEM did talk to me that they would like such devices for programming lessons.

Back