Mario64 Video

Hey hackmodford how did you sort your sound problem we both had? Have I missed something?

Michie4life said:
Nice Vid. This really reminds me of how much I want my pandora. :( (3950-4000)

Where did you get the background? (It's really nice)

All the walls from the Pandora wallpaper topic are stored on the Pandora. I'm sure he got it from there.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't see it but I have a mini usb hub (about a 6" long cord) and then an imic usb soundcard. Using both of those I'm able to achieve perfect sound. So I had my desktop speakers plugged into the soundcard so that you could actually hear it. (It's either external speakers or headphones for me right now.)

Oh, sorry for that one! :D
Really impressive. Didn't notice the framesskip at all.
So, can every Pandora be set to 750Mhz?
Im aware that not every unit can be clocked zo 900, but I guess 750 would be just fine. :)

Forgive the noobiness, but can you configure the controls yourself? Like right nub to C etc?

Also, it looks fantastic!

holy shit, I didn't expect it to run that well. at least not anytime soon.

I underestimated the Pandora and devs a bit

It runs pretty well, but its still sort of a bore to play right now .. I'm looking forward to a few optimization releases in the near future.

I tried zelda OOT and overclocked to 800 but got all kinds of graphical glitches I've never experienced before...

Should I do another vid?

What game? Any one want anything? I was thinking maybe going through the first dungeon in OOT (or until it crashes, that particular game crashes alot right now...)

Tokiopop said:
Forgive the noobiness, but can you configure the controls yourself? Like right nub to C etc?

Also, it looks fantastic!

Not yet. Although currently, the right nub is set to C. Which I want to change as soon as we get configurable controls. -_-

-God Ginrai

Can you try with the highest clock possible and lowest amount of dropped frames? eg: set frameskip to the highest number you can while still maintaining full speed.

Nupfi said:
Im aware that not every unit can be clocked zo 900, but I guess 750 would be just fine. :)

I think frameskip2 is actually frame skip1 that's why.

craigix said:
Nupfi said:

I think frameskip2 is actually frame skip1 that's why.

Definitely not. Frameskip 1 means that the screen is rendered every 1st frame, in other words, everything is rendered. Frameskip 2 means that the screen is rendered every 2nd frame, which is what FS2 is doing at the moment.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Definitely not. Frameskip 1 means that the screen is rendered every 1st frame, in other words, everything is rendered. Frameskip 2 means that the screen is rendered every 2nd frame, which is what FS2 is doing at the moment.
I think that's what he meant: FS2 means it renders every second frame where traditionally frame skip 1 means it skips one frame (rendering every other frame).
It's like that old saying, there are two types of people in this world: 1) those that start their arrays (or frame skips, in this case) at one; 1) and those that start their arrays (frame skips) at zero.
:p

WizardStan said:
God Ginrai said:
I think that's what he meant: FS2 means it renders every second frame where traditionally frame skip 1 means it skips one frame (rendering every other frame).
It's like that old saying, there are two types of people in this world: 1) those that start their arrays (or frame skips, in this case) at one; 1) and those that start their arrays (frame skips) at zero.
:p

Maybe, I have never used frameskip before by choice, so I looked into it when I knew I was likely to have to use it for N64 and what I stated now was what I learned back then. And it makes more sense because your definition has no period over which that amount of frames is skipped.

-God Ginrai

Back