Mamegp2x W.i.p

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
Hi everybody,

I have been shocked today, i have finally got games like Tiger Road or Toki running on my W.I.P MAMEGP2X version. At 200 MHz runs at fs1-2 and at 250 MHz at fs0-1... Really impressive !!!!

I'm trying to fix the frontend selector because it doesn' run yet...

Regards and keep tunning...

!!!!!!!!!la madre que te parió!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!el puto TOKI!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the ugly spanish words, it's a joke, thanks Franxis
for all your job and efforts (yep, since soooo time ago)

Wow... that's pretty darn impressive, especially considering these specs http://coinop.org/g.aspx/100394/Toki.html for Toki. Very nicely done indeed :)

Kinda gives me a little more hope for MegaCD emulation in DrMD, too, if Mame2x is capable of doing a 4MHz z80 *and* a 16MHz 68000 with 200MHz only in use... after all, a 7.6MHz 68000, a 12.5MHz 68000 and a 3MHz z80 ought to put a similar load on a processor, presumably - and with 2 processors to play with, and 2 systems essentially being emulated side by side, presumably the archetecture of the 2x is fairly good for such a task :) ... Or not. We'll see. But anyway, I digress.

Sounds extremely cool in any event - best of luck with getting the front-end working :)

Superb, Franxis! This is the emulator I'm looking forward to.

Shane R. Monroe posted on Dec 17 2005 at 04:11 PM said:
Man, I can't wait for a nice MAME build. I need my Zookeeper fix ... :)

You should try out this game, I'm sure you'll like it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. The GP2x needs MsPac-Man, Galaga and Donkey kong etc. I bet the classics will run perfect on it.

DaveC posted on Dec 17 2005 at 05:43 PM said:
Cool. The GP2x needs MsPac-Man, Galaga and Donkey kong etc. I bet the classics will run perfect on it.

Well I'm trying to get those working at the moment, as a quick compile of xmame should do it. It is complaining about the directory structure on the sd card at the moment though. I'm out for the evening, but I should get a pacman/mspacman/pengo driver working tomorrow I hope.

Lazrhog posted on Dec 17 2005 at 07:08 PM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 17 2005 at 05:43 PM said:
Cool.  The GP2x needs MsPac-Man, Galaga and Donkey kong etc.  I bet the classics will run perfect on it.

Well I'm trying to get those working at the moment, as a quick compile of xmame should do it. It is complaining about the directory structure on the sd card at the moment though. I'm out for the evening, but I should get a pacman/mspacman/pengo driver working tomorrow I hope.

Cool will this version that you are doing have full sound? My biggest complaint for the GP32 version of MAME was that many games didn't have sound or had incomplete sound. Stuff like Berzerk, Galaxians, Donkey Kong series, Exide games like Venture, Pepper II, Zaxxon, Phoenix, Space invaders were all either silent or had missing sound. Franxis did a great job on MAME and the games that had sound worked very well. He optimised it alot by removing alot of the uneeded PC code out to make it faster. He was never interested in fixing the sound on many games unfortunately. Maybe you could help him by adding newer game drivers for the ones that were silent or something.

pardon me, i have no been following this aspect of the scene very much lately.

i have been a huge fan of Mame on GP32. since 2X support is a focus now, does that mean work will continue on the GP32 version eventually? or is it officially obsolete..

ralp99 posted on Dec 18 2005 at 10:56 AM said:
pardon me, i have no been following this aspect of the scene very much lately.

i have been a huge fan of Mame on GP32. since 2X support is a focus now, does that mean work will continue on the GP32 version eventually? or is it officially obsolete..

I have already an improved MAME GP32 version with screen strech and improved DrZ80 core (modified by Flubba). But i want to have more interesting news before releasing a new version.

About MAME GP2X i'm working with the same MAME version than MAME GP32, then it will have the same limitations with the sound (sorry DaveC). After i end my work with this version in MAME GP2X i want to port a newer MAME version, then i think with this version i will have complete sound support. It's only pacience and time DaveC. Regards.

DaveC posted on Dec 17 2005 at 01:43 PM said:

They should, for sure; Galaga is a little more work than the others (dual proc) but DK, DKjr, Pacman, Ms. Pacman etc are all single processor Z80 games.. I've emulated them to 0fs perfection on 100MHz machines no problem..

jeff

skeezix posted on Dec 18 2005 at 02:48 PM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 17 2005 at 01:43 PM said:
Cool.  The GP2x needs MsPac-Man, Galaga and Donkey kong etc.  I bet the classics will run perfect on it.

They should, for sure; Galaga is a little more work than the others (dual proc) but DK, DKjr, Pacman, Ms. Pacman etc are all single processor Z80 games.. I've emulated them to 0fs perfection on 100MHz machines no problem..

jeff

Cool I can't wait for the day when the DK series will run with full sound on a handheld. That will be great. Maybe now that the GP2X is getting more exposure it will happen from someone someday.

Back