New Handheld (i Worked Hard On It So Please Read)

sayqustionsaskanswers

Still Fresh
I was brousing the web today and i found this very interesting article telling me about this new handheld. The specs are unbelivable. Its like a mini laptop. HEres the site http://www.ministrymobile.com/MoMAweb-technology.html i hope you guys go to it and tell me what you think. You can play all your favorite computer games on it. It runs on a 533 mhz cpu. IT has 200 mhz of graphics clocking power. It has a 128bit 3d accelarator . It runs on windows xp. CAN YOU BELIVE IT. A COMPREHENSIVE OS LIKE WINDOWS XP at the palm of you hand. Its compat with direct x 9.0. And it has a 20 GIG HARD DRIVE. no more having to switch gay smc cards. ANd no more running out of space. I dont care how much it cost aslong as its in the range of 300 to 500 dollers. I will buy it. Imagine playing wc3 with other people online anywhere you want (as long as theres a wifi gateway) oh and did i mention it doe have a intergrated 802.11 b wifi card. This system is a dream system.The design isnt the greatest but its holds up. I know you guys are going to try to crack on it and say that its stupid but if you do your very ignorant cause this pda isnt your normal calender keeper. I think this will surpass nitendos gay ass ds playstations 2 monopoly attempt zodiacs ugly pda. And excuse me if im being a little ignorant but i realy think that zodiac is kind of ugly. ALso i think it will surpass gamtrac now known as GIZMODO another gay name. Specs dont lie. And i think this thing is at the top. And im defintly geting it. I hope you guys replay. OH and by the way for those of you who say ngage is going out of bussiness is realy out of the ball park. Cause ngage is just getting started. I rember when ps1 came out every one said it would go out of buissness. sega is the only corperation that went out of buissness in the past 10 years. I know most of you are going to try and quote me and say that atari and konko vison went out to. BUt i bet that ngage will suceed becuase of the great games coming out. THey also got a new model called the qd. (quick do-over) In my opiniong its alot more stylish but kind of sucks. Cause theres no more nice mp3 player. ANd its only 20 bucks cheaper. I rather pay my 20 bucks and keep my mp3 player. Whell its time to hit the hay. I hope you guys replay. ANd i hope you guys see the game boy ds. Its a pathetic attempt to put nintendo at the top. In my opinion it looks like a fake neogeo. I also think that the two screen idea is horibal. I ll probbaly get headace trying to concentrate on both screens. WHell see ya guys.

Here it says that the screen is detatchable so u still might be able to put it in ur pocket. It says the boot time is quick, like windows CE. It will be intresting to see how it compares to other next gen portables.

You can play all your favorite computer games on it. It runs on a 533 mhz cpu.
Im sorry but all of my favorite computer games cannot run on windows xp at 533 mhz.

And it has a 20 GIG HARD DRIVE. no more having to switch gay smc cards. ANd no more running out of space.
I dont know about you, but I have an 80 GB harddrive, and with windows games being 2 to 6 cds nowadays, I run out of room FAST.

Cause ngage is just getting started. I rember when ps1 came out every one said it would go out of buissness.
You see, the crucial differnce here, is PS1 was a HUGE SUCCESS, where as NGAGE, is a HUGE FAILURE. You do see the difference there, do you not?

CAN YOU BELIVE IT. A COMPREHENSIVE OS LIKE WINDOWS XP
There just trippled the specs needed for the games. I am sure that even the Nintendo DS can make higher end games than this will be able to, simply because of the overhead required by windows xp (even an optimised version), as compared to a system with no os overhead.

(i Worked Hard On It So Please Read)
If you worked hard on this post, I would really really hate to see a post that you just threw together...

The design doesn't look closable because it's a first-stab rendering, this thing is nowhere near the market. You may be buying one this time next year, but it won't be any sooner than that.

By the way, your post was incredibly painful to read because of your bad spelling. Try doing it in English next time, and maybe a few paragraph marks wouldn't hurt either.

If you look on other pages of the site, they do have a couple pics of the system, not just rendered ones. I would be surprised if this thing ever comes out. But I hope it does. You guys may be missing the point. It's a PC, and it's portable. It may be slow on the processor side, but it should be fast enough to play all of your emulators, including Neo Geo and SNES full speed, with plenty of buttons. And you could surf the web from your sofa, or watch full Divx movies on the road. And I'm sure it can play 2-D PC games no problem. You can listen to all your MP3's on it, or do voice chat over the internet with the wifi. If it has a touch screen and you detach the controller you could do all kinds of things with it. Think of the possibilities. They're saying it's a PC. If true, it would kick ass. I'll keep an eye on it.

I've not read all of your post "sayqustionsaskanswers", as it's hard to read (try using paragraphs next time for example). But I guess from the other posts your talking about something that's already been done to death several times over :)

I'd be suprised if it came out though, and if it did, I hope they change the design, as the current one looks hideous. Also, most of my favourite games require a processor of 1 Ghz or higher and more ram than the system has got.

Something to keep an eye on however to see what it turns into.

Here is my original post about the handheld. The most important bit of info is that you can run homebrew stuff on it meaning that is will have a huge catalogue of emus + games that will run on it when it comes out. I remember running PSemu on my old celleron 400 with TNT2 graphics card.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=10370

Last edited by a moderator:
Charge posted on May 17 2004 at 01:44 AM said:
Here is my original post about the handheld. The most important bit of info is that you can run homebrew stuff on it meaning that is will have a huge catalogue of emus + games that will run on it when it comes out. I remember running PSemu on my old celleron 400 with TNT2 graphics card.
Was that 400 mhz celeron running windows xp? I doubt it, I have ran (or tried to run) XP on a 333mhz celeron with a decent video card and memory, it would run the OS 'decently', but any games you try and run on it went at a snails pace. I assume that this version will be tweeked for performance on this specific hardware but you cant expect high end games on it.

Although, on a better note someone may find a good way to replace XP with maybe 98se, or even linux, giving you much less overhead and the ability to play some great things....if thats the case, and they change the design radically, I might be inclined to purchase it. But not if XP is stuck on there.

Too slow and most possibly to expensive. And I also dont want to know, how many batteries this thing needs per hour. Seriously. Noone needs this. I will grab my next handheld, when PSP/PS2/GC/XBOX emulation is somewhere near possible...

There is not much, this thing can do more than the GP32 (except MAME, but you need 2 players to get any fun out of this). I will never play PCgames on a handheld - you seriously need a mouse and keyboard for that.

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 17 2004 at 08:51 AM said:
Was that 400 mhz celeron running windows xp? I doubt it, I have ran (or tried to run) XP on a 333mhz celeron, and I know how slow it actually runs on a slow pc. There is a major difference in speed between 98se and XP. Although this version of XP may be specifically optimised for this hardware, it still will not be capable of the games that a 100mhz console would be capable of.
It will be most possibly XPe not XP and this doesn't take a lot of resources. If configed correctly, it takes as much as Win98. If you strip out the graphicalGUI, it will need even less.

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 17 2004 at 08:51 AM said:
Was that 400 mhz celeron running windows xp? I doubt it, I have ran (or tried to run) XP on a 333mhz celeron with a decent video card and memory, it would run the OS 'decently', but any games you try and run on it went at a snails pace. I assume that this version will be tweeked for performance on this specific hardware but you cant expect high end games on it.

Although, on a better note someone may find a good way to replace XP with maybe 98se, or even linux, giving you much less overhead and the ability to play some great things....if thats the case, and they change the design radically, I might be inclined to purchase it. But not if XP is stuck on there.
yep it did run XP. if you turn off all of the fancy graphics interfaces of XP to make it look like Win98 it runs about the same speed as Win2K. As for games, as they ran DX7 or OpenGL they ran quite fast. I did have 512Mb ram on that machine though, so that would have helped a lot.

According to what I have read, you will be able to install any OS on this machine, so I suppose Win 98 or even Linux will be a possibility if you want.

Guys, hold your horses :) From misc sources comes info that VIA is rather interested in offering this project to other companies not in producing it. SO with a Nintendo DS and Sony PSP coming i really doubt they will find anyone who will dare to compete on the field of handheld entertainment.

hando posted on May 17 2004 at 09:14 AM said:
Guys at hold your horses :) From misc sources comes info that VIA is rather interested in offering this project to other companies not in producing it. SO with a Nintendo DS and Sony PSP coming i really doubt they will find anyone who will dare to compete on the field of handheld entertainment.
it seems like this company:

http://www.ministrymobile.com/

is making a handheld based on this technology. It is headed by Andrew "bunnie" Huang and Nikki Justis, graduates from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and author of "Hacking the Xbox: An Introduction to Reverse Engineering".

it is secheduled for release Q1 next year.

Shape is horrible, and price is terrific: except for these particulars it is the perfect machine for emulators and PC games until 2000-2001, I think (that is really cool ^__^).

Back