Mame4all Gp32 Eta

Discussion in 'News zone' started by slaanesh, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Esn

Esn (:";

Thank you for this!

I've never really looked into MAME to be honest... from what I understand, it's an emulator for arcade systems, from very simple to very complex ones. The more complex stuff will not work on the GP32. Can anyone give me any tips for what range of games is playable? How about Puzzle Bobble?

2. slaanesh

slaanesh Certified Guru

You may laugh at this, but Puzzle Bobble would be considered "complex" for the GP32 port. It's currently not compiled in this version. I see the uncompressed ROM is 2.5MB - it may just fit but I suspect it's actually just too large. I'll give it a shot and see what happens. It would otherwise run ok.

Some good games to try are:

Time Pilot
    Pooyan
    Frogger
    Pacman

And work your way up from that. It's the basic 80's kind of stuff that works best on the GP32.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  3. ralp99

ralp99 Member

wow. is it just me or is it kinda crazy for someone to be on a nichest-of the-niche messageboard for something like the GP32 and then say "actually, I only have the vaguest of ideas what this 'Mame' thing is...."

But that's cool, better late than never right?

4. christo930

christo930 Well-Known Member

I know this is a rather old thread, but I figured better to reply to this one than to create a whole new one seeing it's really just a continuation of this thread. Disclaimer aside...

I was wondering if there were any new progress on this project? I generally like the gp32 better than the gp2x and games that work equally well on both systems are more enjoyable on the gp2x assuming sufficient light (mine has no backlight). I am looking forward to it and I very much hope it comes out.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  5. slaanesh

slaanesh Certified Guru

Actually I have been playing around with this and made a large number of fixes and enhancements and do intend to release a v1.0 to replace the aging BETA.
    Stay tuned.

6. christo930

christo930 Well-Known Member

I can't wait. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Chris