Mame4All Dingoo V1.0

Yes, there will be a new version of MAME4ALL for Dingoo with some improvements. Not to worry, I fully intend to support MAME4ALL Dingoo - it's not just a once-off release.

There are still quite a few things I have planned to make it faster/better.

Expect an update (soon).

Pole Position is fixed! Yes, it was previously working without sound, but now it's fully working with sound. Runs quite well too.

I've also switched compilers and libc. The result is better/faster code!
Most games are working a little faster with vector games working quite a lot faster. Major Havoc seems to be full speed at the default 336Mhz with sound @ 16000hz (mono).

Can some one test v1.0 and see what speed it was achieving before?

With Major Havoc I get:

at the title screen and intermissions
(auto 6 90% 23/50 fps)

in game
(auto 2 90% 40/50 fps) (occasionally full speed)

default 336Mhz with sound @ 16000hz (mono) version 1.0

Shad0w59 said:
With Major Havoc I get:

at the title screen and intermissions
(auto 6 90% 23/50 fps)

in game
(auto 2 90% 40/50 fps) (occasionally full speed)

default 336Mhz with sound @ 16000hz (mono) version 1.0
Thanks, yes, looks like there is a nice little increase.

If you haven't already, have a look at "I, Robot". Must be the only 3D filled poly game on MAME that works at a decent speed/frame rate. I always wanted to play this on my GP32, way back when MAME was first released many years ago, but it was just way too slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, it is so much fun.

some games are really fast and some are really slow and some do not work at all (e.g. neo geo, maybe I do something wrong). Somehow, I like it, that there is something operating in the background. It gives the whole thing some kine of a punk rock feeling, just like the penguin does by booting up the linux os. Coooool.

chaos engineer said:
wow, it is so much fun.

some games are really fast and some are really slow and some do not work at all (e.g. neo geo, maybe I do something wrong). Somehow, I like it, that there is something operating in the background. It gives the whole thing some kine of a punk rock feeling, just like the penguin does by booting up the linux os. Coooool.

here too neogeo isnt workin in mame.... but the build in emu is quite good (except for raster effects)

i just testing most of the games since 2 days :) :) but outrun is still slooooooooooooooow :)

Hi Slaanesh
Do you plan to introduce button mapping as it looks thaht for some games (Double DRagon 2 for instance) the buttons are inverted.
Cheers

Mortys said:
Hi Slaanesh
Do you plan to introduce button mapping as it looks thaht for some games (Double DRagon 2 for instance) the buttons are inverted.
Cheers
Button mapping is already there. It's accessible in game by hitting SELECT+A at the same time. You can set default keys or game specific keys.

slaanesh said:
Mortys said:
Hi Slaanesh
Cheers
Button mapping is already there. It's accessible in game by hitting SELECT+A at the same time. You can set default keys or game specific keys.
Thx a lot, haven't notice it.
Do you make progress on the new version ?

Mortys said:
slaanesh said:
Mortys said:
Hi Slaanesh
Cheers
Thx a lot, haven't notice it.
Do you make progress on the new version ?
I'm just finishing up some some of the video scaling code - I want to add a fairly generic "best fit" scaler - something that can scale any game resolution to fit the Dingoo's resolution. I was going to release 1.1 this weekend but it will probably be delayed until next weekend.

I've added a series of new scalers to MAME4ALL for the upcoming v1.1 release.

* Scale Horizontal.
Basically the same as notaz's scaler, whcih is also used in MAME4ALL Wiz. Lets you stretch and shrink the horizontal axis only to fill the entire screen width. Because of the way it's coded, it may not work for some games which don't scale evenly, but the results are nice and it's fast. Useful for high horizontal resolution games (like R-Type, Final Fight and Gauntlet, etc) and lower resolution games (like Pole Position, etc).

* Scale Best Fit.
A new scaler that lets you shrink both horizontal and vertical axis and maintaining the correct aspect ratio. It also does pixel merging so you the display looks quite good (IMHO, though others may disagree).
This scaler produces high quality results at the cost of some speed. It allows you to see the entire screen for high res games (like Super Sprint, Rampage, Tapper, etc). It also lets you see the entire screen for portrait games (like 1943, Twin Cobra, etc) without having to rotate the handheld 90 degrees around.

* Scale Half Size.
A new scaler that renders every other column and line. It's quite fast and can be used as a substitute to Scale Best Fit. It's really been designed for high res games (like Rampage and Tapper). As it just drops pixels it doesn't look as nice as Scale Best Fit, but it's quite a bit quicker.

slaanesh said:
I've released v1.1 but the board and file archive are slow to be updated. :D

EDIT: Still not updated? Sorry guys it's out of my control. That's almost 18 hours now. :(

I sincerely do apologise slaanesh, I was away all day yesterday, And did not get back till late, By then i was too tired
to even think about checking the forums.

The good news is now up on the front page slaanesh.

Sorry again for the long delay, But thank you very much slaanesh for the excellent update.

Trooper

I still can´t download it, the link leads to 1.0...
Could you maybe provide an alternative mirror, like mediafire for example? :)

Back