Mame4all 1.0 For Gp2x (soon)

This test version is fantastic for streetfighter 2 :D I love the new additions of pausing and configuring controls ingame, and the new config options, its marvellous!

I just wanted to say that I have been messing with the unstable test version that was posted here. Every time I pause the game then unpause it, the sound volume resets. It gets really loud. It does this for every game. I just wanted to add this cause I don't know if it's a bug or what, and thought it should be mentioned before the actual version gets released. By the way this is very nice version and I'm loving it! All in all this is an awesome version. Can't wait for a full release! Thanks Franxis!

The lock-ups and the problems with the sound volume are gone in my latest compiled executable... Expect the fixed version very soon...

I'm assuming the cheat and hi-score saving files can be added when the final version is finished, since this
Mame is more like the PC version. :)

DaveC said:
naples39 said:
I've also had some issues with random freezes that lock-up my GP2X. Maybe it's a ram timings issue? I'll try with ram timings off and see if it still happens. Also, using DrZ80 can lockup the gp2x on exit as well.
I have had random lockups and I shut off DrZ80 and the ASM cores. It doesn't seem to make a difference. It locks up just as fast without the ASM cores. I don't think they are the problem, it is something else.I meant turning ram timings on might be causing the lockups, regardless of whether you have Cyclone or DrZ80. That wasn't the issue since I had a lockup the other day with ram timings off.

Either way, it makes no difference since it seems Franxis has the problem solved. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is cyclone+DrZ80 the fastest to use? I know it will cause certain games to not work correctly and the system-16 games will lock up when trying to quit (like old fast mame), but is it the fastest? Also what is the best vsync setting to use usually? I'm guessing normal, but which one is the fastest?

Rivroner said:
trainchaser said:
Franxis, is there a chance of getting Spiderman Arcade on Gp2x?

http://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&ct=res&a...3m83PyZPWq4fjfg

It is one of like three games I was in love in as a kid. Brings so much nostalgia flavoured memories :/

I think that is imposible.

Yeah mame4all has a hard time running system-16 games I think system-32 would be way too slow. Plus it was added I believe in a way later version of mame. Hmmm...I wonder if Modeler is portable?

trainchaser said:
:( Vendetta doesn't work.

If somebody finds a working rom, please let me know.

works here.... yet crashes to to "Beta" after approx 5-7 mins (level 2)

i D/L the new romsets (all) and used the dat file & clrmamepro ...

geise69 said:
Is cyclone+DrZ80 the fastest to use? I know it will cause certain games to not work correctly and the system-16 games will lock up when trying to quit (like old fast mame), but is it the fastest? Also what is the best vsync setting to use usually? I'm guessing normal, but which one is the fastest?
sys 16 doesnt freeze anymore due to cyclone and dr. z80 :) :) :)

fastest "sync" is off (but i find normal the fastest somehow....)

Thanks for the reply. All the system 16 games do freeze for me if I use the Cyclone+DrZ80 option. The regular cyclone or DrZ80 option is fine. It's no big deal though. I can always just restart my gp2x. It's worth it to get a couple more frames a second out of it.

geise69 said:
Thanks for the reply. All the system 16 games do freeze for me if I use the Cyclone+DrZ80 option. The regular cyclone or DrZ80 option is fine. It's no big deal though. I can always just restart my gp2x. It's worth it to get a couple more frames a second out of it.
yeahhhh .... the sys 16 should be ok with the final on the other hand the "outrun" based games are still kinda slow space harrier is still slow as helll :( but outrun is almost there :)

OK I deleted my entire post because I'm an idiot. :)

I'll just make this a quick question... is there any way to speed up a rom (Mania Challenge specifically) aside from running at a higher CPU speed and would it be difficult to optimize the program for it(if it's even possible)?

It does finally work :D and runs full speed with NO sound but with any sound even at 245 MHz there's frame skips.

I'm just curious! Other than that I do like what's new in this version! Thanks a ton!

Back