Mame4all 1.0 For Gp2x (soon)

Franxis said:
DaveC said:
I have had the emu crash ALOT while playing classic games (all I tried). It will just freeze and quickly loop the last sound being played at the time of crash. It seems random, and will do it after anywhere from 1-25 minutes of play time. I have the ASM cores off, and no overclock, still crashes almost every time in every game I tested. I tested on an F200. Maybe this is a F200 bug?
Give some examples of games crashing, i haven't experienced it myself...

Ok here are some examples:
PepperII
Mappy
Galaxian
Galaga

You have to sometimes play for awhile. They may run fine for 10 minutes or so then they freeze. They do it randomly, and not at the same point in a game.

Now I haven't converted those ROMs, I just ran the .34 versions but I doubt that effects it right? If not compatible the games just refuse to load at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've also had some issues with random freezes that lock-up my GP2X. Maybe it's a ram timings issue? I'll try with ram timings off and see if it still happens. Also, using DrZ80 can lockup the gp2x on exit as well.

naples39 said:
I've also had some issues with random freezes that lock-up my GP2X. Maybe it's a ram timings issue? I'll try with ram timings off and see if it still happens. Also, using DrZ80 can lockup the gp2x on exit as well.
I have had random lockups and I shut off DrZ80 and the ASM cores. It doesn't seem to make a difference. It locks up just as fast without the ASM cores. I don't think they are the problem, it is something else.

Wow playing simpsons right now. :D

Great work Franxis. :p

I also get random freezing. The better will be ready soon.

Twinbee said:
I have but one question to ask.

Super Sprint / Championship Sprint.

Playable or still slow?
quite playable now.... as well as paperboy :)

I would recommend you all to visit google and write gp2xtorrents.

Maybe a pack with 2240 mame roms is waiting for you. :eek:

Twinbee said:
Good man. :)

What settings are you using for Super Sprint? I just tried it and it's still very slow.

250 mhz (my gp2x doesnt take more) 11 khz sound fast cpu/audio clock 50% 8 bit gfx scaled

its ok for me that way ...

How do you input the "type OK to continue " prompt?
...tried a lot of combination but did'nt find out yet! I think the ideal key combo would be vol-/vol+ .

Aries said:
How do you input the "type OK to continue " prompt?
...tried a lot of combination but did'nt find out yet! I think the ideal key combo would be vol-/vol+ .

Its left then right :blink: Lol. Its the same as using a mame cabinet.

Maybe speed on the vector games is not the problem. I get alot of graphics corruption on these (Asteroids etc).

Still getting lockups, add Ms. Pac-man to the freeze list.

DaveC said:
Maybe speed on the vector games is not the problem. I get alot of graphics corruption on these (Asteroids etc).

Still getting lockups, add Ms. Pac-man to the freeze list.
Are things locking up even if you are not playing?

ie. leave it in demo or attract mode.

trainchaser said:
:( Vendetta doesn't work.

If somebody finds a working rom, please let me know.
You need a verified mame roms pack.You can find it in google.Read the previuos page of this thread.

Back