Mame4all 1.0 For Gp2x (soon)

This sounds awesome, thanks very much!

So, how does one go about ensuring that the romset is compatible with MAME 0.37b5? Can you release a romlist ahead of time so that we can have our roms ready by the time the emulator comes out? Is there a ClrMAMEPro DAT file available for MAME 0.37b5?

Thanks again!

Thanks, Franxis!

The public beta already runs great. I now can play one of my all time favourite "Aliens" in a very good quality.
The new user interface is also great and make some things a lot easier.

Brilliant work!

Regards,
Stephan

fantastic news, cant wait to see what improvements have been made on the cps-1 games :D

This is just the kind of news I needed ;-)

Tell me, is there any chance we'll see USB pad support?

Thanks to everyone involved!

Cannibal said:
This is just the kind of news I needed ;-)

Tell me, is there any chance we'll see USB pad support?

Thanks to everyone involved!
I thought the older versions already had usb pad support? or am I wrong? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
So since this release is based off of 0.37b05 does this mean is supports every game up to this version? Or are there still certain games not added? Just wondering.

geise69 said:
So since this release is based off of 0.37b05 does this mean is supports every game up to this version? Or are there still certain games not added? Just wondering.
R-Type Series for example? :) Would be cool (if it plays fast enough)

I wonder, why a newer MAME Version is now possible at GP2X. I thought there was a reason for the older 0.34 Version because of the limitations of the Handheld? Well, If the new MAME version really is faster than the older one, it will be a even more great Emulator. (MAME normaly tends to be slower and slower with every newer version)

Having played the private beta, I can tell you that not every game in PC MAME 37b5 is supported here (no r-type for instance). Also, you must convert your romset to play many games. I haven't done this yet so I haven't tested it all that much.

Question to Franxis or anyone with beta, how do you bring up the true MAME menu to change controls and whatnot?

geise69 said:
Here is a link to a searchable mame database. It has every game ever released for mame so far. You can also search by the MAME version. http://www.mameworld.net/maws/

I can't get that to show all roms up to and including 0.37b5 - all I can get is to see the roms that were new in version 0.37b5.

Is there anyone who can produce or point a link to the full game list of MAME 0.37b5?
Thankls.

BadAstronaut said:
I can't get that to show all roms up to and including 0.37b5 - all I can get is to see the roms that were new in version 0.37b5.

Is there anyone who can produce or point a link to the full game list of MAME 0.37b5?
Thankls.
When MAME4ALL becomes available it will have a gamelist text file listing all compatible games. Just wait a few days.

Yod4z said:
16bits mode? then NBA, MKI and MKII are playable?
Yeah I was wondering that as well. Those games needed a beefy as hell PC back then. I don't even want to know how it's would even run on the GP2X. I am curious though. Guess we'll find out in a couple days.

Ok, so I figured out you access the main menu by pressing start+select in-game. Let me tell you, it's pretty awesome to have this feature in MAME on gp2x!!

My only remaining question is how do we adjust volume if we launch a game in vertical mode?

Also, I converted my roms, and wow, there are a ton of new games!! Don't expect miracles on speed though as many games are basically unplayably slow, but it is very cool to see.

Oh, and I was wrong above. R-Type is supported! I couldn't build that rom atm, but I did try R-Type 2 and it worked pretty well. :)

Great work Franxis!

Back