Mame4all 1.0 For Gp2x (soon)

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
The new MAME port for the GP2X will be released very soon...

mame4all1.jpg

It is based on MAME 0.37b5 and it has support for 2240 romsets.

It supports 8 and 16 bit video modes with several tweaks (scaled, 4:3, rotated, TATE, border, TV-Out, etc), 11-44 KHz sound (mono and stereo), etc. It is packed in only one executable (command line based) with a separate frontend to select the games. It already has the Cyclone and DrZ80 ASM cores integrated. The performance of the emulator is better than the previous port in a lot of games (CPS-1 among others). The game compatibility has been doubled, some of the new supported games: Sunset Riders, Simpsons, Aliens, Hammerin' Harry, Parodius, Dodonpachi, Gals Panic, etc.

It will be first shown in the RetroMadrid 2008 fair to take place on 8th march in Madrid (Spain), and it will be released shortly after...

retromadrid.gif

www.retromadrid.es

For more information visit my web page:
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Nice! I had just read about this in another thread earlier today. Good to hear that there will be better performance in CPS1 games. This is very exciting news :)

camiga64 said:
Mmmmhhhh, a new M.A.M.E. - port, nice news, Franxis.
And "Hammerin' Harry"..... :rolleyes:
Less hype... Hammerin' Harry run very slow... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis thank you so much for your continued work on this. It is going to make me and a whole hell of a lot of other people very happy. Also enjoy the retro madrid fair. I'm sure it's gonna be a blast! Thanks again! :)

I am ready to start beating things to death with a vacuum cleaner.. awesome

I have had the privilege of trying some beta builds of this port of MAME and can say it's very exciting!

This port is a "true" MAME port as it includes the MAME user interface and all the ability to configure everything through it's interface. So not only does it support many more games - the fully working MAME is behind it all.

I am also working on porting it to the GP32 (believe it or not). More news on this soon.

Thanks Franxis, I'm sure that this will be a very popular emulator the GP2X!

sounds good though I first thought the post was for the release itself and was slightly disappointed but still looking forward to it. Sounds great so you have every right to pimp it a little before release. One question: will my romset from the earlier releases workwith with this new version since this is based on a newer mame?

Are you saying Simpsons? :unsure: I have been waiting for this game since the gp32_console days :D
Thanks Franxis and Slaanesh, you are our heroes :)

Back