Mame talk

budweiser

GP32 Hardcore
Was'nt slaanesh or Franxis going to make a optimised port of MAM4ALL for the pandora?

are they still around?

Was'nt slaanesh or Franxis going to make a optimised port of MAM4ALL for the pandora?

are they still around?
Mame4all is as good as it will get most games run fullspeed mame 106 needs a little love but is still the best mame as far as performance goes on any handheld just needs compatibility optimised and a gui hopefully we'll see somemore arcade ports as this is the reason i got interested in emulation.

mame4all didn't emulate most of my roms so i now use mame.106. mame4all had a nice gui and controls while i haven't figured out how to reconfig mame.106 controls from crtl and alt.(pain to use) i wish there would be something from the best of both worlds. also if mame4all didn't load the rom it hard froze my pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably don't have the correct ROMS for MAME4ALL. And for MAME .106, press Tab.

All I want is a proper config file for MAME4ALL, because effortlessly mapping the controls (and saving the configuration) for SFII games would be a dream come true for me.

I would like to see a build for .106 ,just before the core changed .

Add all the games from the current build that would be playable on .106

I don't think we need any games added from the current build that won't

play at a decent speed. A proper config file for mapping the controls

(and saving the configuration) would be awsome too as SONY said :) ..Bud

Mostly just want to play the DK2 hack added in .128u3

All I want is a proper config file for MAME4ALL, because effortlessly mapping the controls (and saving the configuration) for SFII games would be a dream come true for me.
A proper config file for mapping the controls

(and saving the configuration) would be awsome too as SONY said :)
Sorry in advance if I sound like a dummy here, but is there some reason that the existing control configuration and saving in MAME4All isn't good enough? :blink:

I love Mame4all. Ok,it doesn't have the compatibility of mame 106, but the games it does play,it plays well.

The scaling abilities seem to be as good on the pandora as they are in windows mame on my 42" tv.

I even prefer playing neo geo in mame4all over gngeo as it's true fullscreen and allows me to play the games in home console mode.

Having said that,other emu's,such as snes9x,still arent as fully scaled.

I hope mame 106 gets some more work,it's a great emu,just not yet as polished as mame4all.

A proper config file for mapping the controls

(and saving the configuration) would be awsome too as SONY said :)
Sorry in advance if I sound like a dummy here, but is there some reason that the existing control configuration and saving in MAME4All isn't good enough? :blink:
When I go to play SFII there's no way of mapping controls using the MAME4ALL UI.

Sorry, don't get me wrong ..

I'm in no way ungrateful for what we have,

I have contrinuted no code or any other programs for the pandora ..

I just want it to be the best it can be ...Bud

@SONY - It's done in the same way as it is with MAME 0.106 (or any other MAME version on any platform, for that matter) - just press Tab in-game. :)

That's what I do, but every time I exit the game and then go back to play it again, it never saves my button configuration. No save state too. :(

Never tried, can't now (RMA). But I know the PND's different. The Repo version is smaller than the one I had before (App Store version, I think).

Thanks. MAME4ALL has a small update, too, but I can't discern what it is. No reason not to try it, though (from what I can tell, it doesn't break anything).

You probably don't have the correct ROMS for MAME4ALL. And for MAME .106, press Tab.
That is a major pain that,maybe as mame is one of the more popular emulators we should start a compatibility list as alot of roms that run on mame32 106 dont on the pandora also a better guide for clrmamepro and romcenter as these programs are as unpredictable as scottish weather really hope 106 gets some love and attention as the pandora scene would benefit greatly from it ps still cant get cps 2 to run in 106 any suggestions?

Back