Mame Gp2x 4.6

Cheers Franxis! \o/

My :gp2x usually locks around 260MHz and I can put up with frameskip in general, so as an example I run Pacman at 66Mhz and it runs very well indeed, excellent if the batteries are low / low capacity.

I like the idea of showing how much CPU time it idle, that'd be great!

BTW, just wondering; how difficult would it be to adapt the Cyclone core to run 68010 code, for example Gauntlet? As far as I know it was only a few extra instructions and the like, and while I appreciate it would be low priority, it's an idea...

Retroid said:
Cheers Franxis! \o/

My :gp2x usually locks around 260MHz and I can put up with frameskip in general, so as an example I run Pacman at 66Mhz and it runs very well indeed, excellent if the batteries are low / low capacity.

I like the idea of showing how much CPU time it idle, that'd be great!

BTW, just wondering; how difficult would it be to adapt the Cyclone core to run 68010 code, for example Gauntlet? As far as I know it was only a few extra instructions and the like, and while I appreciate it would be low priority, it's an idea...

I run Gauntlet and Gauntlet 2 on PalmMAME using Cyclone and it works ok. It isn't perfect, but there were driver problems there for a while too. I got it to work just by changing the 68010 to Cyclone so give it a shot, it might work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
kevcal said:
foleyjo said:
Franxis said:
foleyjo said:
Personally I just want Rainbow Islands to work :(
Me too... :unsure:it wont work on the amiga emulators either. its just one of them games.
I pretty sure it works on Outcast..Yeah but AMIGAS BETTER THAN ATARI :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets emulate the old Amiga vs Atari wars.
Tsk.. just because you lost last time... :p
I'm sure we all know the strengths & weaknesses of each..

foleyjo said:
You will be happy very soon... :D

TelcoLou said:
Just wondering? Have you looked at this code, for USB joysticks:
Link to the topic :)
... it fixed the "stuck" joystick problems in PicoDrive for me, and I noticed similar problems with GP2X MAME.

Ok, it is fixed...

Franxis said:
foleyjo said:
You will be happy very soon... :D

You just made me very happy now letting me know that.

Kevcal Im so tempted to argue with you about this :lol:

Franxis said:
And i have added new System 16 games... :lol:
:eek: ... are you trying to give me a heart attack?!? :lol: :lol:

nixeon4x said:
Taito's Superman still freezes during play, I hope this is fixed soon. :(
I don't what's the problem, but i have checked the problem began in the v3.9, when Slaanesh added the new fm core...

I have problems to build the following mame 0.36b1 romsets...
altbeas2
altbeast
astormbl
fantzone
fpointbl
passshtb

If anybody could help, i would be grateful...

Vilmos said:
I run Gauntlet and Gauntlet 2 on PalmMAME using Cyclone and it works ok. It isn't perfect, but there were driver problems there for a while too. I got it to work just by changing the 68010 to Cyclone so give it a shot, it might work fine.
There are some more 68010 games already working on 68000 core (Indiana Jones, Road Blasters), so these games do not depend on 68010 specific features and should work.

Franxis said:
Please, anybody knows where i could get the MAME 0.36b1 DAT (ClrMAME Pro) ???
Try www.romsheperd.com (not a rom site before someone shouts - just dat files)

However, at work and can't download zips but looks like it may just be for the sound...

Andy

andyB911 said:
Try www.romsheperd.com (not a rom site before someone shouts - just dat files)
However, at work and can't download zips but looks like it may just be for the sound...
Andy
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! :D
http://www.romshepherd.com/dats.php?oldmame

EvilDragon said:
Rain... bow... Is.... lands..... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :D :D :D
And several new System 16 games... :lol:

Thank you so much Franxis for the update! I'm glad you started looking at the System-16 games again. Enjoy the break and thanks again! :)

OMFG!!!! Thank you soooooo much!!!

Um ... weird though about the topic .. looks like a mod just changed the title and updated it with your new post (?)

Back