Mame Gp2x 3.2

OK, so what's the consensus on "Star Trek" sounds?

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can have all the sounds playing on this great game?

Mac

slaanesh posted on Oct 23 2006 at 08:08 AM said:
Fat Agnus posted on Oct 23 2006 at 06:28 AM said:
Some games are definitely faster with vsync off. Bosconia unfortunatly is still broken.

Also, has anyone gotten Crazy Climber to work?
I promise to have a look at Bosconian on the GP2X and sort it out for good as I don't want to see this excellent little game not working. Ditto with Crazy Climber. :)

I've got some spare time coming up soon and I've got a to-do list of improvements and new games for the GP2X version of MAME.

great news, thanks for all your work (and franxis as well of course)

does this mean you're working towards adding a lot of new games supported by mame 0.36? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:10 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:24 AM said:
That wierd sound bug is back in Battlezone. That aside, many MANY games now NEED to be underclocked ... they run too fast @200mhz :lol:
And a fix to Battlezone. I think I know what's wrong with it. I'll do some tests on the Mac version of MAME to see what it should sound like.

Sorry this is rather off topic: Hey Slaanesh how is your progress with MameGP32. I cannot wait any longer for Pole Position

chaos engineer posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:31 PM said:
Sorry this is rather off topic: Hey Slaanesh how is your progress with MameGP32. I cannot wait any longer for Pole Position
GP32 MAME? Yes very soon.
Pole Position is not working (yet). It wouldn't be very fast on the GP32. There's a lot to emulate. It only does 15FPS without sound on the Zodiac. It's on the list though.

slaanesh posted on Oct 24 2006 at 03:12 PM said:
chaos engineer posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:31 PM said:
GP32 MAME? Yes very soon.
Pole Position is not working (yet). It wouldn't be very fast on the GP32. There's a lot to emulate. It only does 15FPS without sound on the Zodiac. It's on the list though.

Hence Pole Position would rather be something for Mame GP2X (my first edition gp2x can be overclcocked to 285 Mhz).

I really need a serious arcade racer, now (Outrun, Pole Position, Wec LeMans, Final Lap, Enduro Racer, Hang-on, just something, please...)

I've been giving GP2X MAME 3.2 a bit of a work out lately, but I find that after starting and stopping several games, the sound will eventually disappear and then once the sound is gone, when you try to exit MAME, it will hang leaving you with the two smaller versions of the MAME screen on the top half of the screen.
This seems to happen consistently (ie. switch off, restart, play several games, sound disappears again, exit MAME, hang). There's a bug of some sort still lurking around in there I think.

slaanesh posted on Oct 25 2006 at 10:46 PM said:
I've been giving GP2X MAME 3.2 a bit of a work out lately, but I find that after starting and stopping several games, the sound will eventually disappear and then once the sound is gone, when you try to exit MAME, it will hang leaving you with the two smaller versions of the MAME screen on the top half of the screen.
This seems to happen consistently (ie. switch off, restart, play several games, sound disappears again, exit MAME, hang). There's a bug of some sort still lurking around in there I think.

Yes it is an strange bug, i have to investigate it...

Any progress on the Berzerk bug? (the game freezes when trying to exit)
Battlezone still has that strange noise bug again.
Star Trek is missing sound effects.

Great release, Franxis, thanks!

One strange thing, it seems my rom of Shock Troopers no longer works (although I haven't tried it since v2.8 or so). Anyone else try their version? (I know GNGeo runs it, but just out of interest...)

gaterooze posted on Oct 27 2006 at 11:36 PM said:
Great release, Franxis, thanks!

One strange thing, it seems my rom of Shock Troopers no longer works (although I haven't tried it since v2.8 or so). Anyone else try their version? (I know GNGeo runs it, but just out of interest...)

1.Shock Troopers didn't work in MAME GP2X 3.0 and previous versions... I improved the use of the upper memory in 3.1 and now it works ok...
2.or try with all executables just after power on (maybe your problem is after playing some games...)
3.or the problems should be your romset.

Macguyver posted on Oct 24 2006 at 12:57 AM said:
OK at so what's the consensus on "Star Trek" sounds?

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can have all the sounds playing on this great game?

Mac

I would like to thank you for pointing out Star Trek in this thread. It is a good game. I had never tried it before. :)

Back