Mame Gp2x 3.1

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New MAME GP2X 3.1. What's new:
- A better approach for upper memory allocation/deallocation, as explained in wiki.gp2x.org.
Most big Neo·Geo games now run ok (Metal Slug 2, Blazing Star, etc).
I recommend to play those games with high overclocking, video clock at 100% and audio clock at 100%.
- Elevator Action runs ok again. Thx, TelcoLou, for the error report.
- Solved the problem about the PAUSE message not hidden when unpausing some specific games. Thx, maRRRc!, for the error report.[cut]

Get it here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

- Thanks to all paypal donators: EvilDragon (gp32x.de), Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava, Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Craig (www.gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe, Simon Beattie, Stefan Braunstein, DaveC, Colin Bradshaw, Dana Rodolico, Revod, Michael Evers, Riccardo Pizzi, Fosfy45, Dj Syto, Rob Pittman, Stefan Mueller, Musa, Unai, Sascha Reuter, Globalwide Technologies Limited, Juan Rivera-Novoa, Mark Carin, SBock, Julio Catalina Piedrahita, techFreak (www.gp2xtr.com), Darius Hardy, Charles Andre, Matt Brimelow, McOskar, Daniel PP Saurborn, Picayuco, Kojote (www.pdroms.com), Knoxximus, Tony Watterson, Matthew Forman, naples39, NEO (www.elotrolado.net), Patrick Mettes, Angel Molero Grueso, Lubidog, Smiths (www.emuholic.com), retromander, Ruben Villar, Snakefd99cb, Harkaitz, BZFrank, Sang Kim, phoda, Caesaris, Furanchu, Selcuk Cegit, K-Navis, Estaño, Jeff Hong, Jasmot, Igboo, Sergio Onorati, Julien Perret, Cheap Impostor, Gianluca Lazzari, Niche IP Solutions, Jason, Thomas Seban, Miq01, Paul Carter, Freddy Deniau, Mustafa Beciragic, Ian Rawlings, Domenico Calcagno, pongplaya, Aruseman, Anarchy (www.hardcore-gamer.net & www.gp32spain.com), Darkman, Chaos Engineer, Ian Buxton, Martin M Pedersen, Philip Trottman, Gary Ross, Fat Agnus, Austin Holdsworth, Paul Johns, Gaterooze, Elizabeth Burrow.[/cut]

Nice one.. any chance you could take a look at the joystick issue on Arkanoid II? The paddle is still jumping all the way to the right-side of the screen when you push left.

I've never tried any Neo Geo games on this before but I'm gonna check some out now.

Yay! Thanks Franxis ... it works :)

* Continues to suck at the game *

Eso Rimmer posted on Oct 13 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
nice speedy updates. Hope you will add screenshot ability in some future release.

You could use the femame front end, there is a link to it on Franxis' site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to report bad things :( ...

Sound is now gone in Star Trek, and the sound is messed up in Phoenix.

Edit: Oooops! I forgot to re-install my samples directory :lol:

Well, the sound is 1/2 there in Star Trek, as in, it plays the voice sample, but no other sounds (phoenix is fine)

Download don't work for me. It starts to download then aborts :(

OT:

TelcoLou:
av-2352.jpg
lol that's the man from metal_concert.wmv ! :lol:

DaveC posted on Oct 14 2006 at 02:46 AM said:
Download don't work for me. It starts to download then aborts :(

me too..tried a 2nd time and it was ok :)

Eso Rimmer posted on Oct 14 2006 at 09:45 AM said:

OT: That's GG Allin, a punk singer. If I remember TelcoLou's message correct, he just smashed a window with his head, and is still covered with his own feces.

I'd hate to get flamed, but are there any plans for savestates in Mame? or is it possible already? :me ducks and waits for the barrage:

Godmil posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:42 PM said:
I'd hate to get flamed, but are there any plans for savestates in Mame? or is it possible already? :me ducks and waits for the barrage:

I tried a long before and i saw it was impossible to add it, sorry...

ah no problem, thanks for letting me know. I'll just have to plan longer sittings :)
I normally hold off donations until all the features I want are in an emu, but if savestates are impossible, I guess there is nothing else to ask for... time to dig into the old pockets :)

Draken posted on Oct 14 2006 at 04:26 AM said:
Eso Rimmer posted on Oct 14 2006 at 09:45 AM said:

OT: That's GG Allin, a punk singer. If I remember TelcoLou's message correct, he just smashed a window with his head, and is still covered with his own feces.

OOT: New avatar, same asshole.

OT: MAME rocks!

Back