Mame Gp2x 3.2

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port, with the following changes:

- Some improvements in the auto-frameskip. Some more fps.
- Default video sync option is now named "Video Sync Normal". New option "Video Sync Off" to make games run as fast as possible without any synchronization delay. Some more fps. This is mainly useful to play CPS-1 games (Street Fighter 2 runs very well now). Older games will run too fast.
- Some old optimizations in the CPS-1 renderer done by Chui (they were deactivated due to some incompatibilities, only useful in the default view: not scaled and not rotated video mode).
- GP2X Clock selector is now selectable from 66 to 300 MHz. Lower frequencies can be used to play oldest games saving batteries. Thx, Reiboul, for the suggestion.
- The menu now runs at 66 MHz, to save batteries.
- In pause mode, the clock frequency is lowered to 66 MHz, to save batteries.
- A new option to do not switch to TATE mode controls automatically when in TATE mode.
See the readme.txt for the information to activate this function. Thx, colt chillin', for the suggestion.

- Thanks to all paypal donators: EvilDragon (www.gp32x.de), Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava, Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Craigix (www.gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe, Simon Beattie, Stefan Braunstein, DaveC, Colin Bradshaw, Dana Rodolico, Revod, Michael Evers, Riccardo Pizzi, Fosfy45, Dj Syto, Rob Pittman, Stefan Mueller, Musa, Unai, Sascha Reuter, Globalwide Technologies Limited, Juan Rivera-Novoa, Mark Carin, SBock, Julio Catalina Piedrahita, techFreak (www.gp2xtr.com), Darius Hardy, Charles Andre, Matt Brimelow, McOskar, Daniel PP Saurborn, Picayuco, Kojote (www.pdroms.com), Knoxximus, Tony Watterson, Matthew Forman, naples39, NEO (www.elotrolado.net), Patrick Mettes, Angel Molero Grueso, Lubidog, Smiths (www.emuholic.com), retromander, Ruben Villar, Snakefd99cb, Harkaitz, BZFrank, Sang Kim, phoda, Caesaris, Furanchu, Selcuk Cegit, K-Navis, Estaño, Jeff Hong, Jasmot, Igboo, Sergio Onorati, Julien Perret, Cheap Impostor, Gianluca Lazzari, Niche IP Solutions, Jason, Thomas Seban, Miq01, Paul Carter, Freddy Deniau, Mustafa Beciragic, Ian Rawlings, Domenico Calcagno, pongplaya, Aruseman, Anarchy (www.hardcore-gamer.net & www.gp32spain.com), Darkman, Chaos Engineer, Ian Buxton, Martin M Pedersen, Philip Trottman, Gary Ross, Fat Agnus, Austin Holdsworth, Paul Johns, Gaterooze, Elizabeth Burrow, Godmil, rooster, Dark_Warlock.

Download here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

lol I have my name on the front page of gp32x.de, thanks to Franxis :D Maybe one day will it be for a better announcement? B)

--> download page!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I just had everyone over to play MAME on the CRT on version 3.1 and now this one is out! Now I have to see if Bosconian works. :) please please please.

How does this need to keep on getting better, it's already great? I think i still have 2.2 installed :blink:

Fat Agnus posted on Oct 21 2006 at 11:22 PM said:
Man, I just had everyone over to play MAME on the CRT on version 3.1 and now this one is out! Now I have to see if Bosconian works. :) please please please.

Some games are definitely faster with vsync off. Bosconia unfortunatly is still broken.

Also, has anyone gotten Crazy Climber to work?

Does anyone get sound in STAR TREK? I don't get any for this rom, and was wondering if it can be fixed.

Xphyle

xphyle posted on Oct 22 2006 at 08:14 PM said:
Does anyone get sound in STAR TREK? I don't get any for this rom, and was wondering if it can be fixed.

Xphyle
All I get is the voice sounds. Is there suppose to be other sound effects? And I probably got the voice from the game sound samples that I put in the mame sample file. The mame sound samples can be downloaded from the GP32 archive.

Fat Agnus posted on Oct 23 2006 at 06:28 AM said:
Some games are definitely faster with vsync off. Bosconia unfortunatly is still broken.

I promise to have a look at Bosconian on the GP2X and sort it out for good as I don't want to see this excellent little game not working. Ditto with Crazy Climber. :)

I've got some spare time coming up soon and I've got a to-do list of improvements and new games for the GP2X version of MAME.

slaanesh posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:08 AM said:

I promise to have a look at Bosconian on the GP2X and sort it out for good as I don't want to see this excellent little game not working. Ditto with Crazy Climber. :)

I've got some spare time coming up soon and I've got a to-do list of improvements and new games for the GP2X version of MAME.

Oh my guru :eek:

Great :D

This last week has been insane with all the new stuff :D

A couple of game reports:

- Final Fight.. The continue screen doesn't let you continue no matter how many credits you still have.

- Mercs.. After you finish the first level the game hangs when it tries to update your score.

Keep up the good work!

That wierd sound bug is back in Battlezone. That aside, many MANY games now NEED to be underclocked ... they run too fast @200mhz :lol:

Rivroner posted on Oct 23 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
A FPS Limiter is not possible?

The FPS limiter is there, if you don't change the video timing "Video Sync Normal"... The new option "Video Sync Off" does not have such FPS limiter but is supposed to be not used normally (only for CPS-1)... But it seems some people now want to underclock de GP2X to save batteries :D

Franxis posted on Oct 23 2006 at 06:37 AM said:
slaanesh posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:08 AM said:
Some games are definitely faster with vsync off. Bosconia unfortunatly is still broken. Also, has anyone gotten Crazy Climber to work?

Oh my guru :eek:
Great :D

You guys are terrific. I promise I'll stop the whining. I only want to bring it up upon new releases to make sure these great games aren't forgotten.

At this rate, we'll be seeing v4.3 in no time! :)

TelcoLou posted on Oct 24 2006 at 06:24 AM said:
That wierd sound bug is back in Battlezone. That aside, many MANY games now NEED to be underclocked ... they run too fast @200mhz :lol:
And a fix to Battlezone. I think I know what's wrong with it. I'll do some tests on the Mac version of MAME to see what it should sound like.

Back