Mame 106 Any Thoughts?

skeezix said:
What are he various useful keys? Ie - how do you remap buttons? I see p is pause. Give me a summary and I'll add a doc page to the pnd

jeffphone
It is mapped just like the regular mame32 builds. Press tab to map the menu or the games.

Only problem at the moment is that it won't save once you exit the game .

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
x68000 said:
Any requests?
"S.T.U.N. Runner", please, if you're still taking requests... :D
Tried two Rev's and neither one worked..........Yet!

Other games which where too slow or had other glitches include:

Puzzle Bobble 2,3,4
Bubble Bobble II/Symphony
Xexex
After Burner II
Mars Matrix

Last ones tonight

AVP - 850Mhz - Perfect (amazing game!)

if0iza.jpg

Great 1000 Miles Rally -850Mhz - Almost perfect

v3zxpy.jpg

Vampire Hunter - 850Mhz - Seems flawless

n6xnc9.jpg

x68000 said:
^ Ahem, SF Zero/Alpha 3 - PERFECT at 850Mhz - Words cannot describe how happy i am!

o88njc.jpg

OMG, it looks so glorious on that screen.

I think it's amazing that it works so well on an unoptimized port of the PC version of MAME...nobody would normally even play SFA3 on a handheld in anything other than Finalburn Alpha.

I can't wait...

It sucks that the units need to be overclocked to run this, since we are only guaranteed to be able to run at 600Mhz.

Caine said:
It sucks that the units need to be overclocked to run this, since we are only guaranteed to be able to run at 600Mhz.

Oh no, you won't have to overclock to play MAME.

This is a completely unoptimized build of the PC version of MAME. It's incredible that this even works this well at all.

Someone will port MAME4ALL to the Pandora, and then optimize it, and it will run worlds better.

Caine said:
Keep in mind this is a very rough port. Once it is optimized, all those numbers should come way down. You should only have to ramp up the clock when it is an absolute need, not for everything!

Chris

Sure, I understand this. It's a bit frustrating to see though that at 850 Mhz so much nice software starts working well, even when unoptimized.
(Knowing my luck, my own unit will not overclock any higher than 650 Mhz).

It makes you kinda wish for a Pandora 1.1 with the Cortex A8 processor of the beagleboard xM (1Ghz, 512 MB ram).

Caine said:
Sure, I understand this. It's a bit frustrating to see though that at 850 Mhz so much nice software starts working well, even when unoptimized.
(Knowing my luck, my own unit will not overclock any higher than 650 Mhz).

It makes you kinda wish for a Pandora 1.1 with the Cortex A8 processor of the beagleboard xM (1Ghz, 512 MB ram).
By the time you get your Pandora a more optimised port will probably be out.

What about Mortal Kombat 2 and 3? Can somebody test those games? Thank you. :)

x68000 said:
By the time you get your Pandora a more optimised port will probably be out.
I'll interpret that as "the optimized version is almost ready" :) I'm going to have to dig up my Mame archive.
I really hope that I'm amongst the first 1000 units (day 1, +/- 18:00, EDs shop) as I fear the worst for the remaining 3000.

Say x68000, I'm really enjoying your screenshots. Will you be making a video as well?

x68000 said:
Any requests?
WHOA DO I!!!
Rolling thunder... does that work???
Outrun???
Golden axe??
Double dragon?
OOOOOOO Pleasure overload!!!
RENAGADE!!!
Star wars (mmmmm starwars vector graphics)
oh theres so many...
shinobi???
I better stop...
road blasters???
final fight??
streetfighterI/II
somebody stop me... or pass the tissues... ewwww sorry dude, scratch that image!
space invaders
asteroids??
WEC LeMans

Right... im gonna stop, not cos ive ran out... just cos Im being rediculous... I`ll try em out in a couple o weeks when I get my Pandy! :)

Of course I'm sure you own all of these arcade games, and have only flashed them to your pandora for archival purposes. -_-

quadomatic said:
Someone will port MAME4ALL to the Pandora, and then optimize it, and it will run worlds better.
Well I hope so too. :)
I hope there can be used some of the Hardware features of the OMAP Chipset. MEMA is no Emulator to be meant to relly play with, the only focus of exact emulation, so it never will run as fast as it could. But still impressive whats already possible onto the Pandora.
Well, I played MAME onto the GP2X and with 200MHz there already run some good Stuff, SHINOBI for Example, I guess the Pandora MAME need ways more than 200MHz to run it Full SPeed. I also played STRIDER pretty far at 266MHz but it never was Full SPeed onto the GP2X, bigger frameskip when I remember correctly.

Oh, absoluteley bravery Test for the Pandora MAME: RADIANT SILVERGUN! - good luck! :D

Kicker said:
Of course I'm sure you own all of these arcade games, and have only flashed them to your pandora for archival purposes. -_-

ermmm... lol. I promise to erase them within 24 hours of downloading them your honour!

fusion_power said:
Oh, absoluteley bravery Test for the Pandora MAME: RADIANT SILVERGUN! - good luck! :D

Technically, that isn't perfectly emulated in the latest version of Mame. And it had a few graphics errors in v106. MAWS FTW.

But still, yah. Great game.

Back