Looking for a Website designer

Looks ok to me on mobile and desktop sizes.

...If you not going to include too much text in that top [grey] section that runs the full width of you page, perhaps just use your media queries to make the font size that much larger for the greater width screen size. If was just going to be a little paragraph about the device.

As you have it now though, with the bullet points, it looks good on a larger screen. Perhaps now though that is a bit too much to scroll down through on a mobile screen though to see anything else?

Suggestion if I may, I would like that more if when viewing on a small screen, it just showed a full width button reading [specification] that expanded down on pressing to reveal all those bullet points

Nope, there's not even an official team yet :) That will most likely happen after the minisite for the FOSDEM has been made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to help out if I can, I could do code fixes and optimizations for the website. So I can help out on the no-JS, responsive-design etc. after they are set-up.

Yep, sadly, nothing ever happened.
So I switched to these forums and integrate everything we need myself :)

Yep, sadly, nothing ever happened.
So I switched to these forums and integrate everything we need myself :)

There were quite some people happy to help at the time including myself.

But you appointed someone as project leader based on him also being German who said he was going to come up with a plan and then approach the people who fit in the team soon, never approached anyone. Probably no plan either.

He was called out on that in the Pyra website forum/thread by the people who were still willing to help and he said he was disappointed by the lack of activity by the people he never approached but no further action was taken and no one else was appointed. Don't know if the thread is still there but if it is should be the last posts on the last page that tell the story.

So it certainly wasn't due to lack of people willing contribute but a manager was appointed for his German language skills and then allowed to smother the project by doing exactly nothing.

EDIT: Found it: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/pyra-website-design-ideas.74647/page-2

Last edited:
Well, I tried without a leader before, but nothing ever happened there as well...
I didn't have the time myself to organize all that, so I needed someone who could do it - but it seems the one who looked the most reliable didn't even do anything :(

That was the first plan, the thing I did when the pyra-web git was created.
Everyone was free to contribute and it would've been live on a testing site right away.
You can see how that worked out :(

You guys get that every time you post something here it tells me there's a new post in the official news subforum and i have to go through 5 pages of read material to find out which one has new posts in, right?

Well, I tried without a leader before, but nothing ever happened there as well...
I didn't have the time myself to organize all that, so I needed someone who could do it - but it seems the one who looked the most reliable didn't even do anything :(

Well what done is done. But for future reference someone with ~25 total posts at the time might not be classed as the most reliable. Not saying that more posts == better but I'd propose to at least go for someone that's been an active member for some time.

If I remember correctly there were a couple of active forumites that in my opinion seemed motivated and very capable of pulling it of. Not me by the way I was happy to help but not to lead.

Just wanted to set the record straight as your post gave me the feeling that you think no one was willing to help and I saw enough quality responses to be quite confident that the website would've been built if the right people would have been contacted.

Next time around I'll happily throw my name in the hat again. I, and most of the Pandora owning community, certainly owe you a couple of hours of our time for your perseverance and ridiculous hard work you did when what's his face did a runner.

You guys get that every time you post something here it tells me there's a new post in the official news subforum and i have to go through 5 pages of read material to find out which one has new posts in, right?
If it isn't at the top of the first page, just skip straight to the 5th page.

I just hang out on the 'new posts' page, and hit the little blue dot which takes me right to the oldest post I've not read in a thread. I'm not familiar with the problem you're having.

It does seem like threads in this forum are sorted by start date, not last post date, which does make finding activity on old news posts like this one hard, if you're finding them that way.

You can also go to the bottom of the thread list and change the thread sorting order here to whatever you like :)

Back