Looking for a Website designer

I hope the forum accounts are linked.  I'll still be unhappy keeping up with another separate forum, but I understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the forum accounts are linked.  I'll still be unhappy keeping up with another separate forum, but I understand.
Most likely he'll just use this as the same forum, just add a Pyra section and have the new domain linked to it.

Slightly more helpful than the discussion of poor web 1.0 practices, here's a quick doodle I did:

utd4.png

(/me is about as good at web devving as a chocolate penknife is at sawing firewood)

I hope so the community is the best part of the Pandora :) .
 True. I wish tho' that we didn't have to split from the GP32X community into a separate forum. :(  

Slightly more helpful than the discussion of poor web 1.0 practices, here's a quick doodle I did:

utd4.png

(/me is about as good at web devving as a chocolate penknife is at sawing firewood)
Needs more jpeg artifacts. Especially in that picture. You need to make the picture look like it was edited in MSPaint.

-God Ginrai

Ugh. Yes. Its got mangled by something :(

You'll have to pretend it has nice crisp edges until I get round to reuploading it tomorrow...

I hate things that automatically mess with uploads. Its supposed to be a png!

Is anyone else trying to take this thread seriously?
Did you not see EvilDragon's post? He said to wait to post serious things until he makes the forum. That way we don't have everything hidden in one thread.

That means, this thread's purpose is now for people to suggest their interest to take part and for everyone else to make non-serious jokes. ;)

-God Ginrai

Depending on what this site needs/wants to do we will require JavaScript, is everywhere you can't hide away from it, I know some people still refuse to enable JavaScript which is just completely crazy, it is 2014 now not 1999 :)
I used to have NoScript only allow very specific websites, and typically Firefox on my Pandora got way faster (but still slow :( ). On desktop I've come to understand what you mean: javascript is hard to avoid. BUT! I still don't see why I should accept scripts from 36 separate servers. For example linkedIn has, apart from its own scripts: doubleclick, scorecardresearch, quantserver. And this is very little; usually you also have facebook, twitter, google, lots more advertisement websites, ... Therefore I still use NoScript but in mode "only allow same server + whitelist".

So could we agree on an intermediate solution: accept some javascript where it's necessary, but avoid if possible 3rd-party scripts (jquery can be hosted locally for example)?

Nice, I just noticed this thread...

I can also help out with entering some content if needed in future, html/css stuff.

Looking at the page _wb_ created and linked, with binky's logo...

...If we do decide on an ambigram logo, I'd like to see some css rotation on the logo so as to show off the ambigram-ness of it.

Shameless linkage; http://www.playpandora.com ...like when hover the logo there, but of course would work much better if the ambigram logo was to do that

Just a little nice touch, not too flashy and will be graceful on non-css3 browsers as it will just show as the normal static logo image

Back