Look At This!

Quiest

I like turtles!
I was sleeping and dreaming nicely this morning when I suddenly woke up in pain.
My hand started to hurt like hell, I thought what, did I hit something while sleeping?
After switching the light on, I saw it:

wasp.jpg

And then I heard a "bssssssssssssssss" I got and then I saw it:
A damn wasp stung me between the fingers while I was sleeping!
What a fucking cowardy bastard insect!
Sorry for swearing, but my hand still hurts a lot!

It`s nice to say that the damn beast was crushed by The King of Comedy, a movie by Martin Scorsese:

king.jpg

It was the only thing lying near enough to my bed with I could use for killing the little asshole insect.
I should have taken a picture of the damn wasp, too, but I hit it around 6 to 8 times with that dvd and then immediatelly flushed it down the toilet.

Oh and the place where it stung me looks much worse now than on the pic, all more red and big and hurting.

Ouch. I've never been stung by a wasp or bee in my life, and don't really want to be.

I know someone who wasn't stung at all until they were around 35, and then in the same day were stung by two seperate wasps, one on each thumb.

I stood on three bees as a kid and they all stung me. My foot swelled up to the size of a... well, a very big foot and I had to take a few days off school.

Not as much fun as today as in those days there was no daytime TV for kids at all and no gaming either eek! Gotta just love those Enid Blighton famous five books though ;)

Edit Typos.

Gees whatever happened to "It won't hurt you if you leave it alone" although I like the way you turned that around on the little blighter. :lol:

I think they say to put something acidic on wasp stings to help neutralise it, like vinegar.

That's right, out some vinegar on it cos wasp stings are alkali, so neutralise it with vinegar. I got stung by one one the head last summer. Fooking nora it killed.
They scare the living shite outta me now.

Wasps truly are cowards. I remember on my 7th Birday I got a Wendy House. A wasp got into it and was waiting for me to go in. Before I realised it was in there with me, it got tangled in my hair I got stung twice on the head. It was REALLY painfull.

My fella is even worse about them, He has a morbid fear of the little waspy devils, I'm the same with spiders, they creep me out and I freeze or scream depending on how close I am to them. But at least spiders don't sting (Says Phil).

I hope your hand gets better soon hon,

Hugs,
Clare . :wub:

Radio posted on Sep 6 2005 at 04:00 PM said:
Gees whatever happened to "It won't hurt you if you leave it alone"

Actually Wasps are very pro active about stinging things. They will go for you. Bee's on the other had will only sting as a last resort. Wasps can sting and sting over and over, but if a bee stings you and you knock it off, the bee sting is pulled out of it and remains in your skin. The poor bee then dies though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Sep 6 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
That's right, out some vinegar on it cos wasp stings are alkali, so neutralise it with vinegar. I got stung by one one the head last summer. Fooking nora it killed.
ha ha ha i know your weakness! i get stung by them ever since i was two on my eye lid :( but ill bring you one. just throw sand at them as it really pisses them off. then get your ghost trap and you protoblasters and zap him while opening the trap and hell be sucked in! or so i am told........

there was a wasps nest near my old house
we used to go there and throw water down it to piss them off

stripy little bastards...

"Wasps are the skinheads of the insect community ... they'll sting you even if you don't annoy them!"

I can't recall the name of the brilliant comedian who spouted this line of awesome truth, and I'm too lazy to research it. But damn, is he right .. I have a nest sitting on my fence, just under the cross-beam. The little bastards are still there even after I blasted the nest with water for ~ 10 minutes. I got stung by one 3 times in the span of 2 seconds ... grrr!

I was playing golf and I whacked my ball into a hill

when I struck the ball I hit the hill pretty hard (really steep hill, and I had to go up it) and I hit a wasps nest

I got stung 5 times (once on the nipple) and I have a physcological thing were I get ill when i get stung because I got stung when I was really young and got ill

so now when I think of wasp it makes me shivver

I did find a cricket in my house the other day tho, that was odd

I was watching "Bring it on Again" on Sky and I heard the crickets legs, so i went upstairs and it was sitting facing my room

so now im a bit worried it was communicating with the various other insects in my room

sam fisher posted on Sep 6 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
Goity posted on Sep 6 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
ha ha ha i know your weakness! i get stung by them ever since i was two on my eye lid :( but ill bring you one. just throw sand at them as it really pisses them off. then get your ghost trap and you protoblasters and zap him while opening the trap and hell be sucked in! or so i am told........
lol, I also got stung on the eyelid by a wasp when I was 2.

Wasps look awfully cool!
wasp.jpg

And i say this despite my allergy. Yes, i have allergic reactions when stung by wasps and bees and still i admire their insectoid beauty.
The last time i was stung by one, my hand quickly reached the size of a Whopper, and maintained this shape for a week.
So stop crying, all of you... :)

i hate wasps. I was outside drinking sprite one time while talking to a friend of mine and for some reason I had set my sprite down and I picked it up and lifted it to my mouth to take a drink and a wasp flew out of the can and stung me on the lip! The same thing happened to me when I was on the beach once...... I was stung many, many times at the cabin my family used to own. There was a hive of them somewhere near the cabin, but I never found it. Anyways, between the wasps at the cabin and the muddy lake we ended up selling the cabin.

mattmagoo posted on Sep 7 2005 at 11:27 AM said:
I was playing golf and I whacked my ball into a hill

when I struck the ball I hit the hill pretty hard (really steep hill, and I had to go up it) and I hit a wasps nest

I got stung 5 times (once on the nipple) and I have a physcological thing were I get ill when i get stung because I got stung when I was really young and got ill

How many nipple related injuries is that now?

When I lived in London I had a wasp's nest in my room. Oh goody.
The funny thing is I only got stung once....wait thats not funny :huh:

funny story. i got stung by lots (and i mean LOTS) of jellyfish on my testicles while at the beach body boarding. The lifeguard called like state of emergency and the waters were evacuated for like 2 hours....it hurt quite a bit (and packing my balls with wet sand is never fun in public)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 10 2005 at 03:56 PM said:
funny story. i got stung by lots (and i mean LOTS) of jellyfish on my testicles while at the beach body boarding. The lifeguard called like state of emergency and the waters were evacuated for like 2 hours....it hurt quite a bit (and packing my balls with wet sand is never fun in public)
I have a terrible phobia of jellyfish, which isn't good because I do a lot of water sports.

I have a terrible phobia of jellyfish, which isn't good because I do a lot of water sports

Oh yes? Water sports hey??? ha, nudge nudge, Water sports??? Ho yes. Say no more! Water sports...!!!!

Hang on, he's only 12.... :blink:

Back