Bloody Mosquito Bites!

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Apparently, going onto a dark beach and sweating makes you a major target for the little bloodsuckers :angry:

I've got like 8 bites all over my back and legs, and the itch is so bad I wake up at night and have to add more cream spray.

I was wondering what everyone's treatments are for insect bites. I've tried all the market shit, and nothing truly relieves the itch. I've even tried tea tree oil, which does nothing but stink up my house.

Suggestions? Right now, it appears as though toothpaste is working :)

Rub your own semen into them. If that doesn't work, you could try mixing up some bicarbonate of soda and rubbing that onto it. That seems to work on everything else.

Wiki has some stuff to say about them aswell:
The itchiness of mosquito bites is often treated with calamine lotion, which may have a soothing effect, although its effectiveness is not medically proven. Other insect bite relief sticks such as After Bite are commercially available. Oral or topically applied antihistamines, and diphenhydramine in particular, seem to be particularly good at relieving the itch. Topical corticosteroids such as hydrocortisone and triamcinolone can help with more severe or inopportunely placed bites. Among Australian school children, a popular home remedy for mosquito bites involves using a ballpoint pen to draw four arrows on the skin, at right angles to one another and each pointing at the mosquito bite. The indentations in the skin made by the pen seem to relieve itching, perhaps combined with a placebo effect. A similar remedy is to "hot cross bun" the visible site, by pressing in with your fingernail in an X shape. Another home remedy (of unknown origin, although it appears to be used in North America as well as Europe) involves applying a small amount of human saliva to the affected area. The saliva will dry, thereby cooling the area and providing some relief. As before, however, the placebo effect likely plays a role as well.

Drops of ammonia applied to a mosquito bite will stop the itching and eliminate the swelling. By the next day, the bite site shows only a small hole where the mosquito bit.

semen? Uh huh..... :unsure:

I have calamine spray (i used it, it does shit), I have goldbond spray with menthol (does nothing as well), and I also have Afterbite, which works sometimes.

Toothpaste is really doing the job right now, but im not sure how long it'll last. It makes sense since toothpaste has peppermint, AND baking soda, so it's like 2 remedies in one.

rub meat maybe... raw.... then go running in the woods... see what happens

You need to use a tropical spray with a shedload of DEET. I have used anything up to 100% DEET when I've been out in the Pacific regions like Fiji and Raro. Although you can't use it for months on end, as its a pretty strong chemical - for holidays its fine. Also the bastards tend to come out more in the dawn / dusk period so make sure you're wearing light trousers at these times. Also at night time, use a lighted coil - this keeps a lot of them away. Anyway hope this helps you :)

DEET is so posionous it will probably make your skin burn like it did to mee.

The mosquitos are out like a motherf-- this year. Its driving me crazy.

yeah seriously deet is fucked up. I probably used it once my entire life, but considering these red blotches are pissing me off this much and Im actually losing sleep over the itch, next time im using deet ;)

Yeah, these mosquitos are driving me mad too, not only do they bite, they keep me from sleeping too. I've killed an estimate of 15 (small) flies and musquito's the last few days, that's already 2 exp! :)

I don't do anything to the bites though, just scratching when it itches. I'm a man, I can take the pain. ;)

I hear if you drink tonic they can't stand the smell of it in your sweat or something, so add a bunch of gin too, then even if they do bite, you'll be drunk.

Urinating on them does actually work quite well, although you might stink a bit afterwards!

(Also, drinking a small amount of your urine is good for you, too...)

Squidge posted on Jul 19 2006 at 12:24 PM said:
Urinating on them does actually work quite well, although you might stink a bit afterwards!

Squidge however would never have this problem because he never goes outside =p

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Jul 19 2006 at 05:24 PM said:

Don't believe him folks, you will only get an infection. And I don't believe drinking it is good for the constitution, but you're quite welcome to give it a go yourself and prove me wrong :D .

Fresh urine is sterile and may be used as an antiseptic - for the sterilization, the urine has to flow directly from the urethra onto the wound. It is important to know that once the urine has left the body, it becomes an ideal breeding ground for a wide range of quasi omnipresent bacteria, which multiply in it at an astonishing speed. Urine which is older than a minute is not anymore suitable for consumption, and should not even be taken for exterior use.

Wiki. Err, yeah.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 19 2006 at 05:32 PM said:
Urine is a form of waste, so I highly doubt drinking any of it is good....Sorry squidge, but im with warmfluffy :rolleyes:
He's right. But according to the wiki, chugging it in less than 1 minute is neccasary. I don't think it would taste very good.

Its got all the excess, and water soluble, vitamins that your body didn't need before. So you can get them back by drinking it.

Back