Lode Runner recommendations?

just q sounds fine also :p because pandora key is reseverd in XFCE for the menu launcher and when held the FORCE quit option

Please don't use q for anything that uses the d-pad. Randomly quitting a game when the knuckle of your thumb presses the q button gets annoying real quick.

then escape is fine, unless you want to introduce a pause menu which then says press select to quit that and quit from the main menu, this would work well.

Ah, Scavenger! I love that clone. But why SDL Scavenger instead of X Scavanger, out of curiosity?

I'll try the PND and see how it goes.

EDIT: Works great from my end! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, Scavenger! I love that clone. But why SDL Scavenger instead of X Scavanger, out of curiosity?

First useful result for google("Lode runner clone linux") :D

Also, presentation of sdlScavenger hints that it's an updated of XScavenger, so I didn't ask questions.

I'll try the PND and see how it goes.

EDIT: Works great from my end! :)

Great! I'll try some control tweaking and upload it to repo!

Just as a coincidence, I just played a bunch of Battle LodeRunner for the TG-16. Loderunner, Bomberman style :)

I remember borrowing Loadreunner for the Spectrum from a friend of mine. I was amazed to see another game from Software Projects (the people who published Jet Set Willy). I played it all day, making levels (think it had a level editor) and just screwing around trapping the little people and stuff. But I _never_ played it again after that...strange.

I killed all possible further enjoyment by playing it to death all day, one day.

Just as a coincidence, I just played a bunch of Battle LodeRunner for the TG-16. Loderunner, Bomberman style :)
I *love* Battle Lode Runner. I was going to recommend it and pour scorn on you all for not mentioning it before now, but lo and behold, you've already mentioned it, so I don't have to. :p

Back