My new Lode Runner fansite just launched

diligentcircle

Website
onpon4.github.io
I don't know if there are any other people here who like Lode Runner, but for those who do, I have a fansite that just launched recently, Lode Runner Forever! (The exclamation point is part of the name of the site, not just me shouting.)

http://lrforever.co.nr/

The whole point of this site is to find and share levels for official Lode Runner games as well as clones such as Scavenger. The mainsite showcases user-made levels tested for quality (currently all taken from Jason's Lode Runner Archive, since the place just started up) and the forum offers a place where anyone can share levels of any Lode Runner game.

I'd like to hear what people think about the site, but more importantly, if any of you like Lode Runner, I'd like to encourage you to join the forums, share your homemade levels, submit good ones to the mainsite, and of course, play the levels that are showcased. :)

One thing I'm particularly short on is someone to test Apple II, DOS, and Commodore 64 Lode Runner games for quality (since I don't have these games). If anyone happens to be interested, let me know. :) (As an aside, do these different ports use the same level format, or does the format differ?)

I'm also short on articles for the original Lode Runner, Lode Runner 2, and more modern Lode Runner games (particularly XBox Live Arcade), since, of course, I don't own these. If anyone wants to write about one of these, I would be eternally grateful.

Apparently, everything Lode Runner is about consoles other than the Pandora. Ooookay...

Seriously, though, it's kind of silly. ;)

Anyway, I take the silence as meaning no one here likes Lode Runner? Shame. It's a very fun game. :p

The first Lode Runner clone I ever played, was a Win96 one simply called "Runner", if memory serves (unfortunately, I can't seem to find much information on it online!). I rather like Battle Lode Runner for the TurboGrafx-16, too. :p

I recommend trying both of those, though I suspect that onpon4 probably already has. Am I right? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Lode Runner clone I ever played, was a Win96 one simply called "Runner", if memory serves (unfortunately, I can't seem to find much information on it online!). I rather like Battle Lode Runner for the TurboGrafx-16, too. :p

I recommend trying both of those, though I suspect that onpon4 probably already has. Am I right? :)

Actually, no. :( Lode runner games and clones I've played are the NES version, Lode Runner: The Legend Returns, Lode Runner Online, KGoldrunner, Scavenger, and Auriferous (as well as some less interesting ones, such as one in Python). Haven't tried Battle Lode Runner yet, and actually, I completely forgot about it. That clone you mention doesn't ring a bell at all, and since it's just one word (a pretty common word at that), it wouldn't be easy to search for (even harder than Auriferous and Scavenger; for those, you can at least search "auriferous game" and "xscavenger"). :lol:

As an aside, Win96? As in Windows 96 (Nashville)? That was never officially released to the public. Typo, or am I missing something?

As an aside, Win96? As in Windows 96 (Nashville)? That was never officially released to the public. Typo, or am I missing something?
Oops! Yes, that was a typo! It was meant to read Win16, as in Windows 3.1. Thanks muchly for pointing it out - I do that a lot with that contraction, and I have absolutely no idea why... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back