Lode Runner Clone

bfg

Still Fresh
Just a little post to say, that i'm developping a new little game, a clone of Lode Runner.

You can download some WIP on Lode Runner Clone.

Source code will be available soon.

Hope i'll have time to finish it before my baby come to world ! (June) :D

I love Lode Runner. Giri Giri was a nice clone but was a little too choppy. This seems like it will be a much better end-product. Good luck. :D

Here a little screenshot.

lode1.jpg

Enslaved posted on Apr 27 2004 at 01:02 PM said:
woah, what do you do in Lode Runner?
You must collect gold.
You're only weapon is to dig hole to trap the ennemy, and get back the gold they've taken. When you've got all the gold of a level, a new ladder appear and you can escape the level.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: that is laughter of MAJOR joy!!! "lode runner:the legend returns" was my FAVORITE game on our first computer!!! if you were to give it the gfx from THAT game....you would be my favorite developer!!!

or you could give it changable gfx... ;)

JyCet posted on Apr 27 2004 at 04:10 PM said:
Hi bfg,

If you need help, I've made one for GBAX 2004 COMPO :p

Go look 2 old screenshot here :

LINK (sorry it's french forum :))
Ha ... Clair que c'est d'un autre niveau que le mien ! ;) Bon, j'vais quand mème essayer de le terminer pour le fun ! :D :D

je le fais aussi pour le fun :D

je compte pas gagner :)

mais si tu as besoin d'un coup de main, no problemo :rolleyes:

greenmikey posted on Apr 27 2004 at 05:27 PM said:
good thing I speak french...oh wait. I dont.
Sorry ! ;)

Le SOURIS est en dessous de la table....
Le CHAT est sur la chaise...
ET
Le SINGE est sur la branche..... (mais il n'est pas sur la branche - il est disparu! It est sur une bicyclette, il joue un banjo, et il fume une pipe).

Je vais allez y maintenant, par-ce que ma grand-mere est flambee!

(Badly paraphrased french from everyone's favourite executive transvestite)

Welcome back BGF!

As a good player of your fantastic GPPANG (Will you continue with it?), I'm very happy that you are developping a version of the fantastic Lode Runner.

Also, what's happened with Quartz?

Yours,

xenon_soft posted on Apr 27 2004 at 09:24 PM said:
Welcome back BGF!

As a good player of your fantastic GPPANG (Will you continue with it?), I'm very happy that you are developping a version of the fantastic Lode Runner.

Also, what's happened with Quartz?

Yours,
I'm planning to change some code on GPPANG, because it's very bad coded and i can add monster easily or the bonus gun. But i don't know if i'll can do this before June. (A little boy will arrive in my life :D)

Quartz was a great idea from StickOfJoy, but it was too hard to code for me. Not impossible, but to much real life time consuming ...

I've started the lode runner clone because it should be a 15 days developpement only ... (Now i've just to code the IA ennemy, make some gameplay change, designing level and make some nice presentation screen ... :D).

Here's the news

;)

Back