'ln' Command

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't usually do linux, so I was a bit confused on how to use the command in the first place.

Operation not permitted? I thought the you ran as root, when you use the GP2X?

I don't usually do linux, so I was a bit confused on how to use the command in the first place.

'Operation not permitted' isn't to do with permissions. It is to do with something simply not being possible. In this case, FAT doesn't support links, hence why you get that message. Instead, you'll need use scripts as was previously suggested.

'Operation not permitted' isn't to do with permissions. It is to do with something simply not being possible. In this case, FAT doesn't support links, hence why you get that message. Instead, you'll need use scripts as was previously suggested.
yep, what I though.

anyways, michael to make a symbolic link:
ln -s <place to link to> <nameoflink>

yep, what I though.

anyways, michael to make a symbolic link:
ln -s <place to link to> <nameoflink>

On a real linux fs, right? Thanks a lot.

@Orkie: Sorry about not reading the post above, but w/ a slow connection like mine (middle of the desert, third-world country and all. Bad satalite dish, bad!), I often don't read the replies until after I've posted something because by the time it gets posted someone's posted something new.

Michael, here are my scripts to see as examples. Save your scripts as UNIX files in your text editor. All of these are in the root directory of my SD card.

Run Neo Geo.gpe
#!/bin/sh

cd /mnt/sd/emulators/neogeo/
./rage2x.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Run Open BoR.gpe
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpu 1 2 280
cd /mnt/sd/Games/openbor/
./openbor.gpe