VLC player v1

Eddie

when i open the vlc media player it cannot access the sd card. 

I cd to /mnt/utmp/vlc

then sudo ln -s /media/"SDCARDNAME" sdaccess

Now I am able to access the sdaccess folder from the program and play files located of the sd card. I was wondering if there was a better way to do this or if that was the common solution?

I've seen it where that is the case, but if you manually go back to to the root folder and go into the /media/SDCARDNAME it will work. Just the quick links on the file browser don't work for some reason.

i just hit open and go to /media there i just pick my sd card and nav. to my media

dam my -100 typing skill o well

Last edited by a moderator:
when I go back to root it dosnt show the sdcard, only /. Options are limited to me searching through the vlc files as if the program cannot see outside it'sself? I guess it dosn't really matter if it works with the sudo link. Can't complain, it is playing the music very well  :)  Thx guys

Mine works fine have you actually tried clicking on the  / folder and then the media...etc?

when I click computer, then /, I get bin,boot,dev,etc,home,lib,media,mnt,pandora,proc,sbin,sys,tmp,usr,var,linuxrc. Then I am able to click into media, then the DEVNAME (my case mmcblk0p1) , then pandora, then appdata, then chromium, then Downloads, and access the mp3 files I downloaded. So it looks like you are correct in that I could have and did have access all along. Thanks  :)

now that I look back at this, seems I may have been overthinking it...

Back