List the open source/homebrew handheld gaming devices that you've owned

cador

Still Fresh
I've owned quite a few myself over the years:

-128 KB flash cartridge Pelican Games downloader for the Nintendo Game Boy (sold it when I got something better)
-2 MB flash cartridge for the Game Boy -- forget what it's called (I removed the sticker label) and I still have it and use it
-64 MB X-ROM flash cartridge for the Game Boy Advance -- still use it
-original GP2X -- gave it to my nephew recently
-CycloDS SD card reader for the Nintendo DS -- still use it.
-GP2X Wiz -- I sold it on Ebay for parts when it had that terrible screen rot problem. Whose bright idea was to have a screen that was biodegradable for it?
-Open Pandora, of course :)

Open Pandora: First Batch unit (CC)
Open Pandora: Rebirth
Open Pandora: 1Ghz

I guess I jumped into the scene late, did have a Dr. 64 JR for my n64... but that isn't a handheld, I can hold it in my hand though...

GPH Caanoo
Open Pandora CC
Open Pandora 1Ghz
DS2 Supercard for 3DS-XL
GPD Q9 (if Android counts at all)

A cheap flashcard on my DS Light, it was wyhle i waitet for Pandora, and it worked realy well for DS Homebrew and some Emulators up to Super Nintendo
The coolest Homebrew was "Still Alive DS" a 2D Homebrew Portal Game..
Sadly i ditnt got DS Games to work and no GBA games, but this wasnt a big issue, as i have lots of DS Games bought and the DS Light got a GBA Slot..

Then i got my CC Pandora, which Plays DS and GBA Games and lot more..

And the Revo GBAs, which were also pretty cool and play also GB and GBC Games, but these got a display accident so i went back on Pandora for everyday Carry..

Oh and i got me also a Xperia Play some yeahrs ago, which also worked pretty good for Games and emus due to the build in Gamecontroller..

Now i wait for the Pyra..

Mmm..

PSP1000
NDS SD card reader (don't recall which one)
GP32
GP32BLU
GP2x
GP2x F200
Wiz
Dingoo A320
Pandora CC
Pandora 1GHz

All my other handhelds I have only used with original cartridges.

I first started using homebrew software for handhelds in the GBA era. I will update later if the names are wrong. Not included in this list is homebrew software that has been released on carts and stuff. A lot of this list was used for music software and such. I also still play with homebrew software for consoles and computers.

-EZFA for GBA
-Passthrough for DS (used with EZFA in GBA slot)
-GBA media player (used CF, only used in DS)
-Flash card for DS (forgot the name...It is lost/stolen)
-EMS USB Smart Card for GB/C (x2)
-Another GBA cart using mini SD
-Pandora (CC)

Still considering newer hardware for Nintendo handhelds ranging from GB to 3DS. I don't know if there is anything worthwhile for the 3DS, but there is a lot of software I still use for GB/C, and there are a couple things I told myself I wanted to try for the GBA (which was why I bought a more modern flash cart) but I haven't followed those projects very closely.

If we are talking about handheld devices used for homebrew games and software, I have a few others that may qualify (HP 100LX, Zipit Z2, etc.).

Still considering newer hardware for Nintendo handhelds ranging from GB to 3DS. I don't know if there is anything worthwhile for the 3DS, but there is a lot of software I still use for GB/C, and there are a couple things I told myself I wanted to try for the GBA (which was why I bought a more modern flash cart) but I haven't followed those projects very closely.
The DS2 Supercard runs GB/C and GBA very well. Unsurprisingly, the GBA emu is made by Exophase.
The new version is also supposed to be able to handle 3DS backups, but I've got no experience with that.

There are only a few 3DS games I am interested in, and I don't know of any homebrew software for it. I haven't really looked for either, though.

I usually stick with running GB/C/A software on the original devices, especially for music stuff.

I will look into it, though. Thanks.

Dingoo A320
Sony Xperia Play
Sony PSP Go
Soon a Pyra

I've had linkers for the GBA/DS/3DS but have never played emulators on those. Only homebrews.

Hi all :)

GP2X F100 (gave it to a friend, who gave it to someone else...)
GP2X F200 (gave it to @miaou ) <3
Pandora CC, upgraded to a Rebirth.
Waiting for Pyra !

Not handheld devices: soft-moded Nintendo Wii (wiibrew.org, etc...), Sega Dreamcast, Minimig, and last but not least, a Meggy Jr. RGB (EDIT: the last one is actually an handheld machine, sorry) !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Only open source counts?

Well, then it's

GP2X F100
Pandora (first batch)
Pyra (hopefully later this year)

Back