List of PSX games you plan/hope to play

The entire Final Fantasy Series available on the Playstation, although VII and VIII are at the bottom of my priorities because I've already completed them
The Megaman X series (I just bought a copy of X3 today, so I'll be saving that for my Pandora)
Vagrant Story
Carmageddon (unless the PC version becomes available on the Pandora)
Wipeout
Bishi Bashi Special
Castlevania: SOTN
The Abe games
Resident Evil games
Tekken 2
I'll also see if I can find a download for the Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop games, to see whay they were like.

Einhander
Intelligent Qube
Castlevania SOTN
FF series
Megaman series
Gran Turismo series
Tenchu
Crash series
Wipeout series
Silent Hill
Ape Escape
Tekken
Metal Gear Solid
Lode Runner

Destruction Derby 1&2
Disruptor
Grand Turismo
Tekken 3
Tomb Raider 1-5
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4
Duke Nukem
Italian Job (graphics weren't great, but it kept me coming back fro more :))

Man and a shed load more ....

I haven't had great luck with some of the above games on some of the available psx emulators (on pc and xbox)
Anybody have any idea yet what game compatibility is likely to be like for psx4pandora? (one for zodttd I guess)

I'll be a just a tad miffed if it's not 100% :D

Ugh so many great games. I hope this emulator is available day one? With sound? I hope so! I'm so gonna need a few more SD cards!

Tenchu 1 and 2, Jet Moto, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, Silent Hill, Clock Tower 2, and of course, Loaded.

MaskingTape said:
Ugh so many great games. I hope this emulator is available day one? With sound? I hope so! I'm so gonna need a few more SD cards!
Vids on youtube.It's a zodttd produciton so you know it's good.

Oldgamer said:
It will be interesting to see what workaround the developers come up with for the Pandora's lack of R2 and L2 buttons. This could be a major problem for the likes of the Wipeout games.
Nevertheless, I am looking forward to dusting off many old PlayStation games, including Magic Carpet and X-Com.

Oh man, thats a game I loved to death on the PC back in the day, Magic Carpet! But my CD seems to have smashed to bits somehow though :(

Any idea if it will be playable on Dosbox for Pandora? If not, I'll try to somehow get the PS1 version, but thats going to be near impossible *wink* send me a copy *wink* :wink:

Why is everyone so excited about the psx emulator?

The PSP can run any PSX game at full speed without any problems.
Why then, why I ask you does everyone cares so much?

Same goes for the Sega 16-bit, snes, nes, GB, GBA, genesis, wonderswan, ...

If you tweak your PSP settings you can run all those systems at full speed.

The only thing I want to see is a N64 emulator.

vree said:

Not everyone has or wants a PSP, a closed source platform. Go and enjoy your PSP. :|

vree said:

Because the PSP is a game system, the pandora is an open source system... HUGE gap. I want the DC to be emulated, IMO it was the xbox of that generation.

Not everyone has or wants a PSP, a closed source platform. Go and enjoy your PSP. :|

If you put custom firmwire on it it's open :p.

I really want the Pandora if it can handle N64.

But why else would you get this.
The PSP can run like every major handheld and console out there.
And you knwo what... It can even run PSP games :p

And no I don't want to flame the Pandora. I just don't get it. the only thing i'm excited about is the N64 part of the Pandora.

And no I'm not a PSP fanboy.

I own the xbox 360, PSP , DS, PS3 and the old consoles like: N64, Sega 16-bit, snes, nes, ....
and so on and on

It's just if I compare the the Pandora with the PSP it fails if it can't handle the N64.

Yes my PSP is modded. So don't complain how hard it is and stuff. It's not

MDave said:
Oldgamer said:
It will be interesting to see what workaround the developers come up with for the Pandora's lack of R2 and L2 buttons. This could be a major problem for the likes of the Wipeout games.
Nevertheless, I am looking forward to dusting off many old PlayStation games, including Magic Carpet and X-Com.

Oh man, thats a game I loved to death on the PC back in the day, Magic Carpet! But my CD seems to have smashed to bits somehow though :(

Any idea if it will be playable on Dosbox for Pandora? If not, I'll try to somehow get the PS1 version, but thats going to be near impossible *wink* send me a copy *wink* :wink:

I think MC would be out of reach for Pandora's version of Dosbox. But the PlayStation port is good and second-hand copies are easy enough to obtain, should you wish to rip it "legitimately".

vree said:
Yes my PSP is modded. So don't complain how hard it is and stuff. It's not
Vree. What version do you have? There is a major difference between the Pandora & The PSP.

Need a emulator on the Pandora? Download & install ( automated based on the dev's info ).
Need a emulator on the PSP?

- Step one, check what version you have?
- Recent version, or upgraded firmware? Your out of luck.
- Older version? Depending on the firmware, the hacking is easy to hard. Remember, not everybody has the technical skills to run the pandora battery mod...

Thats the difference how "hard" it is. Good for you that your PSP is mod'ed, but not everyone's is. Nor can everybody do the mod's...

vree said:
It's just if I compare the the Pandora with the PSP it fails if it can't handle the N64.

The Pandora is stated as being roughly 2.5 times as powerful as the PSP. If the Pandora can't run it, then no other "hand-held" can run it. The Cortex A8 on it, is the latest, and the fasted you can get. Don't expect to see any hand-held thats faster in the next 2 years.

If your not happy with that, well, don't buy the Pandora. But don't come here complaining how it fails if it can't handle N64, because your 2 freaking month's to early!

Now, on topic:

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, hell, about every good (J)RPG that was ever released on the PSX. I've got a few years of caching up to do ( skipped the PSX, DC, etc consoles ).

Talking PSP, I've been giving R-Type Delta a good thrashing, will be one of the first PSX games I fire up on my Pandora (assuming it will work of course). It's also surprising how fun the old Crash games were, and of course I love RR4. Will be great having 2 x 32 gb cards and loading them up with PSX games - I've got quite a few ripped games (movies etc removed) which cuts down size dramatically, so should be able to load up a whole lot of games permanently on the Pandora.

Not to forget entire rom collections for SNES, Megadrive, C64, Amiga......... woohoo!! :)

My wife worked as a tester for Radical Entertainment.

Soul Edge (because that's what we played when she was pregnant, we called our oldest Seung Mina when she kicked too much)

Bloodlines
Jackie Chan (because she worked on both these games)

Back