Likes 2.0

I suggest a rather complicated system (I know this can't be implemented):

Unlimited likes for all.

You spend less then 10 a day, your name appears Bold and saturated on those likes.

Spend up to 20, all your likes are unbolded and desaturated.

Spend over 20, your likes are very dim, almost unnoticed.

This resets each day - I.e. The next day your likes start out bold and get dimmer the more you make.... but do not affect the likes of the previous day.

On posts:

Bolded likes are shown first, and normal, then dim.

Perhaps we could go further:

People who rarely like (say less than 1 a day), all their likes have a special colour... so the poster knows they caught something special.

I suggest a rather complicated system (I know this can't be implemented):

Unlimited likes for all.

You spend less then 10 a day, your name appears Bold and saturated on those likes.

Spend up to 20, all your likes are unbolded and desaturated.

Spend over 20, your likes are very dim, almost unnoticed.

This resets each day - I.e. The next day your likes start out bold and get dimmer the more you make.... but do not affect the likes of the previous day.

On posts:

Bolded likes are shown first, and normal, then dim.

Perhaps we could go further:

People who rarely like (say less than 1 a day), all their likes have a special colour... so the poster knows they caught something special.

Encourage more spammers? This whole thing is a fiasco for us. You want more spammers? You can get more spammers this way

Instead of dislikes, I suggest the handing out of something silly, yet not nescessarily offensive... such as:

This post has recieved 6 Noddy Awards!

I.e. dislikes can then be anonimous.... people might even try collecting Noddy Awards... I can think of a few here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of a "like" currency. Where everyone can aquire more by posting content that others like, and use them up by "like"ing posts.

There should be a continuous (but slow) feed of new likes into the system, to compensate for less active users taking likes out of circulation.

That way, likes will tend to be given by respected community members, and the like count of a post will become more meaningful.

Perhaps, under such a system, it should be possible to give multiple likes to the same post?

That sounds utterly pointless to be honest.   It would also be completely counter-productive in terms of the reason the system was implemented here in the first place. The whole idea is to avoid useless posts, by providing a mechanism to indicate agreement without posting

-Neelix

That sounds utterly pointless to be honest.   It would also be completely counter-productive in terms of the reason the system was implemented here in the first place. The whole idea is to avoid useless posts, by providing a mechanism to indicate agreement without posting

-Neelix
What he said.

Since, it's improbable (ED can't find any setting or option to do so) to give out more Likes than 10 (per 24 hour period)...I'll have to use my Likes sparingly.
I'll only be giving rygD and DrHAX 1 like (if you post something good that it, which is most likely because you're both awesome, imo) per day now :(

Below is a list of members with the most Likes (reputation apparently?)

https://boards.openpandora.org/search/?type=core_members&sortby=pp_reputation_points&sortdirection=desc&page=1

Yay! I made it in the Top 40 :p

Below is a list of members with the most Likes (reputation apparently?)

https://boards.openpandora.org/search/?type=core_members&sortby=pp_reputation_points&sortdirection=desc&page=1

Yay! I made it in the Top 40 :p

Awesome.
I'm there as well.

Why not...
... add the like flatrate.
If I like flatrate you, every post of yours will get a like.
If you post bullsh** I don't even have to notice it to like it.

Oh and we need a love button as well.
For those posts where like isn't enough.

So much room for improvement.
Imagine a dislike flat. World would be a better place.

Back