Let's post pictures of ourselves.

1026081837_zps6237bdc0.jpg

Here we go!

1028081747_zpsb6358a8a.jpg

This one is from a couple years back. I think back in 2008, maybe earlier.

Since someone asked a while ago if there are recordings of myself:

I made these recordings with my cheap mp3 player at this months Folk(dance) jam session two weeks ago.
The percussion in the first one and the Hurdy-Gurdy in the second one is me.
The drum I'm playing is also built by me.

http://share.myflare.com/Fhy4Fc
http://share.myflare.com/v3Yq8V

If it doesn't load, hit F5.

I'll have to add, that my HG isn't the best one and that I have a severe case of stage-fright (including sweat and palpitations) whenever I play some moments alone, that's why I usually am too fast and make some additional mistakes in those moments, at least there was some spontanious dancing again, so the mission is accomplished although this time there wasn't much improvisation on the musicians side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurdy-Gurdy in the second one is me.
Awesome!  I am a bit jealous.

I'll have to add, that my HG isn't the best one
It is better than mine, since mine doesn't exist.

I have a severe case of stage-fright (including sweat and palpitations)
This still happens to me from time to time, even with things I have done many times before.

Even after reloading a few times I couldn't see anything at your links.  Unless others have issues I will assume the issues are on my end.  

You should post your music recordings in the music maker thread, if you haven't already.

Do you often perform publicly, Klumpen? I think stage-fright most often becomes less severe with lots of routine... I still have it a bit (sweating and sometimes slightly shaking hands, but not too bad or I wouldn't be able to hold the recorder anymore...), but I think it really lessens when you do it more often... I'm also grateful I've been on stages at least a few times a year since I was quite little, I guess I would be much worse otherwise.

I had a concert Thursday, I was only able to relax (and thus play well) after I'd started playing a while and was finally forgetting about the audience.

(maybe move this to the music makers thread?)

The stage fright thing is a bit odd.  I have had times where it is pretty severe, then the next day I don't notice it at all.  For me it tends to be far worse if I feel I am the center of attention, so if I am alone it tends to be worse.  The longer I am up there the more it goes away, but that doesn't mean I don't feel it again the next time I am in front of a bunch of people.

Do you often perform publicly, Klumpen?
Since I was seven on a regular basis, yes.

I performed in the Deutsche Oper Berlin and other stages every week back then to earn money (which I didn't see anything from before I was 18), later in the Berlin Philharmonics twice and today I perform once a month at the session.

Routine has nothing to do with it. As soon as all the attention is directed towards me and there are not more people playing with me at the same time, things get bad.

I can't play alone because more or less every experience I had with attention towards me up to when I was about 25 was extremely negative (especcially coming from my "family") and attention=pain is imprinted in my subcontious since my childhood so deeply, that if it's over a certain amount it will always have really bad affects on me, that's why I'm only playing with lots of others and usually one of the more silent instruments in comparison. It's gotten much better, otherwise I could never do stuff like this. I usually only play for myself and build instruments behind safe walls though and let others play for audiences. ;)

If I have a few other people playing with me, I can perform in front of very large audiences with way less problems.

Too much attention and I fall into a adrenaline rushed, fast pulse defensive state, because it usually came with direct physical and psychologial attacks when I was younger.

Survival instincts gone wild.

I like playing with people and not for people, that's why the session is usually a good place to practise for me,

too bad when nobody joins in.

(maybe move this to the music makers thread?)
There is a thread like this?

Even after reloading a few times I couldn't see anything at your links.  Unless others have issues I will assume the issues are on my end.
If you know of any better free place to upload (and being able to delete) files, please let me know.

The one I used in the last years is down by now.

1026081837_zps6237bdc0.jpg

Here we go!

1028081747_zpsb6358a8a.jpg

This one is from a couple years back. I think back in 2008, maybe earlier.
Three [questions] come to mind:
1. Is that actually you?

2. Are you actually "Buckethead"?

3. Are you a fan?

if questions[1] == True:

consider me a massive fan of yours!

Three [questions] come to mind: 1. Is that actually you? 2. Are you actually "Buckethead"? 3. Are you a fan? if questions[1] == True: consider me a massive fan of yours!
Sadly, I am not Buckethead, but we were taught by the same teacher, so our styles are similar but he is far better than I am. I love Buckethead and love playing his music. Yes this is me, dressed up as him. I have a lot of respect for him, and I live very close to him. He went to Damien while I went to Glendora during high school. Several people from where i live know Brain and refer to him by his first name. The people at the local guitar stores just call him Brian. His father is a high school football coach, and sometimes makes headlines.

here's a confused picture of me.... edit NVM crappy phone won't link images... Sigh.

Three [questions] come to mind: 1. Is that actually you? 2. Are you actually "Buckethead"? 3. Are you a fan? if questions[1] == True: consider me a massive fan of yours!
Sadly, I am not Buckethead, but we were taught by the same teacher, so our styles are similar but he is far better than I am. I love Buckethead and love playing his music. Yes this is me, dressed up as him. I have a lot of respect for him, and I live very close to him. He went to Damien while I went to Glendora during high school. Several people from where i live know Brain and refer to him by his first name. The people at the local guitar stores just call him Brian. His father is a high school football coach, and sometimes makes headlines.
If i gave you my postal address, could you send me one of his signed picks and deliver my most sincere kudos?

If i gave you my postal address, could you send me one of his signed picks and deliver my most sincere kudos?
If I can get my hands on one. I don't see him anymore now that I have moved several times. BUT! You may be in luck. My uncle sees him every once in a while. I am not sure what he doing these days. I remember he was having back problems so he canceled most of his shows one year (I think it was 2013 but I don't remember right now), and I was supposed to see him. Disneyland has thought about having him give a guest appearance during a Halloween season. Hopefully that will happen some year soon.

Back