Let's dream a little - Fantasy Features

ShleeDragon

Pro-Catflip
We all know the P2 is going to include the awesome features already included in the P1 - A clamshell with a touchscreen/speakers/nubs/dpad/keyboard and Wifi+bluetooth... blah blah blah

but what's something the Pandora 2 should have that would make it amazing and new.

3D display? Motion controls? GPS? Projector? Smelloscope? WIDI streaming to the TV? FM radio?

Last edited by a moderator:
MMAFF (my most awsome fantasy feature):

Detachable screen with smaller battery and a microsdslot. Attaching the "base" would add controls, an additional (big) battery, at least one full SD-Slot and the usual ports (Audio out, Video out, USB)

super awsome fantasy feature?

-> a syncable calendar.pnd :rolleyes:

MMAFF (my most awsome fantasy feature):

Detachable screen with smaller battery and a microsdslot. Attaching the "base" would add controls, an additional (big) battery, at least one full SD-Slot and the usual ports (Audio out, Video out, USB)

Yes, I also had an idea about detachable screen, but mainly for modular reasons, so Craig can sell his expencive full HD screen and ED can put in his cheaper non HD screen. :) Maybe also suited for later screen options, OLED or Pixel Qi and so on. :)

The "horns" are for more stability, other solutions are possible. I also can imagine to flip the screen 180° to the backside so you can use it when the clamshell is closed.

I hope one day I'll eventually finish my syncable calendar - that'll sync between Windows, Android and the Pandora... One can dream...

I hope one day I'll eventually finish my syncable calendar - that'll sync between Windows, Android and the Pandora... One can dream...
give it a .ics file format and server update option and i will pay you for that.

Has anybody ever tried to port gpe-calendar from angstrom into a pnd?

i really like to have a keyringholder and a clap-activated locating system for pandora2 ... so i finally can find those!

GPS would be nice.

A decent camera, so I can throw away my current camera. It would be nice to be able to organize pictures/movies on the device you make them with. With a Pandora you could not only do that, but also use Gimp or whatever software, connect it directly to a beamer or TV, or share them via a webserver, bluetooth, usb etc. Obviously there's no room for a real good camera, but a decent 10 megapixel camera with the ability to record HD movies should be possible.

Nubs with little sticks on them, that can be pushed in like little telescopic thingies if you want to close the lid, and you just have to press them to make them come out again. I have no clue if something like that exists, but it would be cool. Something like the clicker thingie on a ballpoint pen would do.

Three full SD slots and four microSD slots. The microSD slots could all be hidden behind the battery, and could be used to make your own tiny SSD by putting in 4 identical cards and use them in RAID5. Or you could do pretty much anything else with them (e.g. two in RAID0 for unimportant data and two in RAID1 for important data, or just four independent cards). The three full SD slots would be useful in case you want to copy card A to card B while you still want to use data or applications from card C.

I would like the screen of the P2 to be at least as large as that of the Note2 and to include the same Wacom Digitizer.

I would also like the screen to fold / rotate in such a way that it becomes like a very thick mini tablet (keyboard + controls behind the screen) so that drawing with a stylus is easy and natural.

frabz-Boats-N-Hoes-08b4c9.jpg

The P2 should be a cybernetic implant that when activated takes over your senses and allows you to control it with your brain.

There will be no need for a screen because everything you see will be from the P2.

There will be no need for speakers because everything you hear will be from the P2.

There will be no need for game controls or a keyboard because you will control it with your mind.

Furthermore, the P2 will use your brain for storage and processing power.

It will be powered through the electric transfers your brain uses to communicate with it, so no more batteries.

The savings compared to the current design will be considerable without all this superfluous, antiquated hardware.

or, you know, just adding boats n hoes would be cool too.

Back