Pandora Successor Dual Screen Dream Continues....

I don't think anyone was suggesting not having a physical keyboard on these things. Also no notch in 2018?

Looks to me like the 'notch' is the entire non-display holding 1/4 of the phone...? To complete that experience, they should replace the metallic back with a 4th screen - maybe e-ink?

Now, if they added one more hinge, then we'd have something. Three displays at once that Z fold into a pocketable phablet. Stand the opened thing on edge for a three portrait display wide curved standing screen?

Any way you fold it though, that thing strikes me as incredibly fragile - and likely VERY expensive.

Now - to the note in the video about this phone/thing having a dedicated Bixby button... With Samsung's history of embedding unchangeable buttons and essentially hijacking standard Android functions to insert their or their partner's products on the Galaxy Note line (swipe up for homeFlipboard anyone?), I doubt that they will be allowing end users to remap that. Are you accidental Bixbying or is your #@$% wanting to chat? Does this mean that this device will have a dedicated Bixby button AND a dedicated Google assistant button?

Samsung needs to double the thickness of the non-screen side of it to triple the battery capacity - and add an S-pen - and remove or remove the uninstall block on the entire Samsung branded application bloat - and the non-Samsung forced application bloatware.

Who am I kidding? I'll likely never buy a new Samsung product due to the above.

Still - it would be WAY cooler if the 3rd screen flipped up to show 3 screens - so that your little dude running around in the game doesn't have a display bezel cutting them in half.

speaking of folding screens by samsung:
https://liliputing.com/2018/11/samsung-shows-off-its-first-folding-smartphone.html

but that nearly square aspect ratio is weird for a tablet. i would have folded the other way, personally -- fold out for the phone, fold down to something more pocketable (like a flip phone). not sure what i'd do with the tiny screens, though, i'd probably be lame and just protect them.

Back