Lemmings

crow_riot

just found this: http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/ ...

opensource lemmings working on the DS. As i'm busy with my fulltime job and wiz opengl es stuff, i ain't got time to port this over. anyone wanna port? :D

Hi there!

I'm the guy who wrote Lemmings DS! I would love to port Lemmings DS to the Pandora, but I have absolutely no idea what it would involve. To be honest, I was under the impression that this project had stalled years ago... o_o

What would I have to do, and how can I go about doing it?

(AND YES Blast Arena Advance, too. S'pose it would be Blast Arena Pandora or something this time... It would at least stop folks asking for a blasted iPhone version! :) )

Oh yeah, another thing: ports don't need a source code. It just takes time, is all. ;)

MrD said:
Hi there!

I'm the guy who wrote Lemmings DS! I would love to port Lemmings DS to the Pandora, but I have absolutely no idea what it would involve. To be honest, I was under the impression that this project had stalled years ago... o_o

What would I have to do, and how can I go about doing it?

(AND YES Blast Arena Advance, too. S'pose it would be Blast Arena Pandora or something this time... It would at least stop folks asking for a blasted iPhone version! :) )

Oh yeah, another thing: ports don't need a source code. It just takes time, is all. ;)
You won't port it to the GP2X Wiz? I think that is what this guy is asking for, plus the Wiz is MUCH faster than the Nintendo DS. Not to mention you can actually get one right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sorry, yes. I've got a lot of tabs open and I mistook the forum category at the top of the page there. (I think there's an identical thread for the Pandora.)

I'm up for porting it to anything (even though I hate Lemmings). You just have to tell me where to begin, and then give me some time.

'Faster than the Nintendo DS' isn't a concern, the only thing that matters is that the gadget has a fast sprite drawing method to replace my hacked up DS_SPRITE library. DS_SPRITE draws sprites to a DS 15 bit bitmap background layer, and it's the major cause of slowdown in the game (apart from some exponential code in the Lems logic core that deals with blockers). The game is C++, so it's 'just' a case of almost directly copying the internal simulation and rewriting the interface (this is the hard bit).

thank MrD ... if i get time i'll try it... just a question, do you use both screens simultaneously on the DS or just one ? like ... menu is on the touchscreen one, the game not or vice-versa?

The main menu lives on the bottom screen, and the top screen always has some basic information on it.

Ingame, it looks like this:

ingame-1.png

Back