Left Shoulder Button not clicking

Theodis

Still Fresh
Well I just got my Pandora in the mail today and for the most part it's working lovely. With one exception, the left shoulder button doesn't click and isn't as responsive as the right shoulder button. The SD card slots weren't properly springing out the cards either however when I opened up the back to inspect the shoulder button and put it back the SD card slots started working just fine. From what I can tell there is a little bit of foam padding or something cushioning the right shoulder button which is missing entirely from the left side which I imagine is why the right shoulder button is working much better. Any ideas as to what could work as a decent replacement padding for the left side? Since it would be a bit silly to return for repair over something that minor.

Well I just got my Pandora in the mail today and for the most part it's working lovely. With one exception, the left shoulder button doesn't click and isn't as responsive as the right shoulder button. The SD card slots weren't properly springing out the cards either however when I opened up the back to inspect the shoulder button and put it back the SD card slots started working just fine. From what I can tell there is a little bit of foam padding or something cushioning the right shoulder button which is missing entirely from the left side which I imagine is why the right shoulder button is working much better. Any ideas as to what could work as a decent replacement padding for the left side? Since it would be a bit silly to return for repair over something that minor.

Hi

My recent Pandora arrived with exactly the same Left shoulder button, no foam, it may not be the case of just adding foam though.

Follow the links below and then do what you feel needs to be done.

With this link scroll down to my post at the bottom.

Following the above information you should be able to fix your button/buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this on a seemingly dead thread reposting here.

My shoulder button isn't as easily fixed I'm afraid. I followed all the suggestions above with no luck. So since my Pandora's back was already bare I plugged in the unit and fired up the input tester. Even with the micro switch directly pushed it fails to respond. The right micro switch responds as expected. Knowing that "home repair" is always risky I decided to stop there. I think that either the micro switch is busted or the board is shorting out somewhere.

It was working fine this morning.

Any thoughts?

My shoulder button isn't as easily fixed I'm afraid. I followed all the suggestions above with no luck. So since my Pandora's back was already bare I plugged in the unit and fired up the input tester. Even with the micro switch directly pushed it fails to respond. The right micro switch responds as expected. Knowing that "home repair" is always risky I decided to stop there. I think that either the micro switch is busted or the board is shorting out somewhere.

Any thoughts?

Hi

To be honest I would say its broken and just contact your sales point for repair.

Any thoughts?

Hi

To be honest I would say its broken and just contact your sales point for repair.

Im sure your right. You never know though. figured I'd ask.

Any thoughts?

Hi

Im sure your right. You never know though. figured I'd ask.

i just received my pandora on 3/22 and everything is fine or so i thought. i realize i also have a left shoulder button issue. i didn't really know i did until i tried the pandora input-tester app under the system tab. apparently my left shoulder button doesn't click or work right. the strange thing is, if i close the lid or lower down to where i can't see the screen, the left shoulder button seems to click just fine with no issues, but i can't see if its working on input tester cause i can't see the screen.

if i open the screen at a 90' angle, the left shoulder doesn't work, but if i lower the screen slowly while trying the left shoulder button, once the screen gets to a certain angle, the left shoulder button will start clicking again, and if i start to raise the screen again while clicking the left shoulder button, it will go from clicking to not clicking once the screen is almost at a 90' angle once again (viewable).

how strange is that? about the only issue i seem to have with my pandora..

I might suggest trying to loosen some of the screws around the battery, there are three screws, two under the battery and one between the shoulder buttons. Maybe that will help you, they could have been over tightened. On a side note, don't overtighten them, you'll strip the plastic.

Edit: There are 5 screws holding the bottom of the case to the rest, but the bottom two shouldn't be the issue, but they might need to be loosened too.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another little trick you might like to know here, just grab the edge of the button and pull it back hard and hold it there for about 10 seconds, the plastic will bend very slightly and raise the button.

thanks for the suggestions Link and cragix, i'll give those tips a try. i've really not had any issues (major) so far with my pandora. hate to admit it, but i think i love the little critter (not that extreme!). once i figure out how to configure my network settings (i don't use dhcp on my network and have it locked down to only mac addresses I use get access to my network), i'll be able to hook up my little critter to my network. right now i'm going through every support section, wiki's and anything else i can read to get it working, so i don't have to post some redundant post.

again thanks for the tips guys! might i suggest that every new child born around the world be assigned a social security number, a mobile phone number, an i.p address and also be given a pandora... just a suggestion.

might i suggest that every new child born around the world be assigned a social security number, a mobile phone number, an i.p address and also be given a pandora... just a suggestion.
Is this some new form of child enslavement? I'll take the Pandora, skip the rest.

might i suggest that every new child born around the world be assigned a social security number, a mobile phone number, an i.p address and also be given a pandora... just a suggestion.
Is this some new form of child enslavement? I'll take the Pandora, skip the rest.

nah, don't want any child enslavement going on, this isn't a nike factory. i did fix my left shoulder button though. i tried loosening the screws first, that sort of worked, but it did leave a rather noticeable gap on the left side / rear of the unit so i didn't want that. then i tried the slight prying of the shoulder button, not wanting to break my new pandora, i didn't really try that hard, so i gave up on that. what i did do was remove the bottom of the case and look at both shoulder buttons. the right shoulder button (on the rear of the button, back side) had some of the plastic in the center of the shoulder button scraped off. so i did the same with the left shoulder button and that seemed to do the trick, seems to work fine with all screws back in and the screen in any position, yay.

also after reading a few pages of some threads, i finally got my wifi working and now i can get on my network and the internet finally. seems that my pandora is back to being 99.9% working again, i'll leave the .1% off till i get more comfortable with the os and other intricacies of my pandora.

thanks for the suggestions Link and craigix, i appreciate the help!

Back