Shoulder Button Pad

Kajayacht

Still Fresh
Ever since I got my Pandora, the left shoulder button always felt... mushy.  It works, but there's no click, it's like smushing the button makes it work.  I opened the Pandora up and found that unlike the right shoulder button, there was no little spongy pad under the left button.  Now I fashioned a replacement using high quality materials (toilet paper and electrical tape) and it works better, but feels different than the other button which is offsetting in games that use both actively.

Is there anyway I can get a replacement pad for under the shoulder button?

Are you sure the pad is the issue?

I managed to (accidentally) damage the shoulder button switch in one of my units. The switch still closes if pressed, but no longer clicks and springs back, resulting in the same feeling you described. Since you are comfortable opening up the unit, I'd suggest doing that again, and pressing each of the shoulder button switches directly, to see if there is any difference.

- Neelix

Positive, I've opened up the Pandora and checked it out.  The button still clicks if pressed manually, but since there's no extra pad under the L button like the R, theres not enough there to press the switch down easily for the click

Positive, I've opened up the Pandora and checked it out.  The button still clicks if pressed manually, but since there's no extra pad under the L button like the R, theres not enough there to press the switch down easily for the click
What color is your Pandora?

I could send you some tape and a button or two.

Back