Lcd Or Tv-Out? - Which One Your Use The Most?

f-cycles

Still Fresh
Website
fcycles.blogspot.com
Hello everyones...

I am kind of newbie on this forum... as you can see looking to the number of posts I've done so far.

I would like to know about people use of the TV-Out on the GP2X...

Do you own a cable or craddle to use it?
At home do you use it tv-output more often than the LCD?
What is your favorite production (games or other apps) which you use on TV?

Feel free to add any kind of comments regarding TV-output, I would like to read you! :)

Best regards!!!

f-cycles said:
Hello everyones...

I am kind of newbie on this forum... as you can see looking to the number of posts I've done so far.

I would like to know about people use of the TV-Out on the GP2X...

Do you own a cable or craddle to use it?
At home do you use it tv-output more often than the LCD?
What is your favorite production (games or other apps) which you use on TV?

Feel free to add any kind of comments regarding TV-output, I would like to read you! :)

Best regards!!!

I would like to have the tv out cable so I could watch divx movies on the TV and I guess it would be neat to play the arcade games on TV and be able to play console games with instant save states on the TV. Unfortunately, I have a wife that loves watching TV and would quickly tire of watching me play video games. I live by the old saying if wife ain't happy, you ain't happy!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
i always use the LCD. I have the TV cable but only use it in special ocations, like watching a movie or showing off XD

the tv-out is fine but it's like 80% compatible with games, plus it has some weird things about FPS. in PAL the nes emulator and other programs work only at 50FPS and u can't overide it u.u (luckily i use NTSC ^_^)

laharl said:
i always use the LCD. I have the TV cable but only use it in special ocations, like watching a movie or showing off XD

the tv-out is fine but it's like 80% compatible with games, plus it has some weird things about FPS. in PAL the nes emulator and other programs work only at 50FPS and u can't overide it u.u (luckily i use NTSC ^_^ )

Well, the PAL standard is 50fps and NTSC is 60 fps. It'd not like you can really tell much difference in smoothness between 50fps and 60fps. All those PAL games you play on your GP2X are 50 fps, no matter whether you're on the LCD or TV.

pardon, my mistake. It was only with lemonboy, and GameBoy games aren't PAL or NTSC, they just run at 60FPS but with TV mode in PAL even overclocking to 260 it won't go further than 50FPS and the music plays SLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

I have used the cable, and it is nice to have the ability to use it. In total I think I have used it 2 hours or so...
GP2X screen is just less hassle.

now it is 95percent TV out - since i use gp2x when i teach; haven't played a game on gp2x for over a year!

peelie said:
now it is 95percent TV out - since i use gp2x when i teach; haven't played a game on gp2x for over a year!

That sounds interesting. How do you use it to teach?

Chris

christo930 said:
peelie said:

That sounds interesting. How do you use it to teach?

Chris

laharl said:
maybe she uses it to play educative videos

yes that's right I teach English to French people and use videos/mp3s/pictures. Also have used a karaoke program (pykaraoke) from time to time.

21' CRT but i'm planning to but a 23' LCD monitor (1920x1080) for my pc and buy a external tuner to use it as a TV too

laharl said:
21' CRT but i'm planning to but a 23' LCD monitor (1920x1080) for my pc and buy a external tuner to use it as a TV too

Hum... you are base in Europe or America? Does your 21'CRT is in pal currently? B)

Back