Latest Build News

stustaff

Hi all

Been away for a while as can't get the forums at work anymore :( so posting from my phone.
What's latest news on delivery schedule and manufacturing?

Really wanting my lovely Pandora and at 600-700 in the UK queue I had hoped to have it already, do we have any estimates of how many have shipped and will be shipping etc?

Cheers

stustaff said:
at 600-700 in the UK queue I had hoped to have it already
:( I'm 1200 or something... (and obviously haven't gotten mine yet)
This is gonna take years

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 400-500, when they started the first shipping run in May. I rushed out at bought 2 16GB SDHC cards and an invisible shield (which made me struggle money wise for a month), thinking I'd have it in 1 or 2 weeks. We're now in early August. This is getting quite frustrating.

D4damage said:
I'm 400-500, when they started the first shipping run in May. I rushed out at bought 2 16GB SDHC cards and an invisible shield (which made me struggle money wise for a month), thinking I'd have it in 1 or 2 weeks. We're now in early August. This is getting quite frustrating.
I'm at 3900 and I'm still smiling :). AFAIK there hasn't been any real news about the boards and cases other then we're waiting for them.

I am in 350-450 and no sign at all. They said delivery starts in May and 3 months have gone now...

Messy said:
I am in 350-450 and no sign at all. They said delivery starts in May and 3 months have gone now...

Messy you should of had yours shouldn't you? Thought approx 600 had gone out with 75% to uk.

stustaff said:
Messy said:

Messy you should of had yours shouldn't you? Thought approx 600 had gone out with 75% to uk.

I'm 650 - 750 and I was hoping to get mine in the next couple of weeks.

stustaff said:
Deduct a few for replacements of one-nub or otherwise non-working/half-working units. I'm also in the 350-400 range (at Craig's store) and have yet to recieve a shipping confirmation.

I thought they weren't sending them out in (order) number order?

That was the case with mine.

Hi Stustaff

If you haven't been to the boards recently you might not have heard that there was an issue with the tolerances in the manufacture of the nubs.

This has taken a little while to get sorted, and the plant in Texas didn't want to have any bad nubs soldered to the boards, so they had to wait for the nub manufacturer to get this sorted.

According to OP this is now dealt with and the manufacturing should be able to speed up, hopefully.

Not too sure of any quotes for this information as I have just read it all over the boards.

If any of this is wrong please feel free to correct me.

I am also waiting for my panda, first day ordered, but at about 9.30 pm.

Cheers

Rob

Hi,

D4damage said:

cappuchok said:
stustaff said:
Deduct a few for replacements of one-nub or otherwise non-working/half-working units. I'm also in the 350-400 range (at Craig's store) and have yet to recieve a shipping confirmation.

+1 :(

Ordered on the very first day, only half an hour after the preordering process began, and still waiting...

EDIT: Which parts are we waiting for this time: boards, cases or nubs ? Slightly off-topic, are there any news about the TV-out cables ?

From Craig's Twitter:

Testing these 100 new units and it looks like the nubs issue might be a thing of the past! :) 8:37 AM Aug 3rd via web

Shipping out 100+ units this week. 12:25 AM Aug 2nd via web

Have these 100+ new units been shipped, or are they still being tested ?

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

I kinda lost track of status myself as well, even though I've been monitoring these boards on a daily basis.

To the best of my knowledge the current bottleneck is population of the boards which has got significantly delayed due to tolerance issues in the nubs. All of the nubs had to be rechecked by the factory and in the meantime, no boards could be populated.
The cases just had to be painted, but so far this has either not finished or they just haven't shipped them yet.

This has been the status for about two months. The team will tell you they shipped a hundred or so recently, but there is no clear information whatsoever when the real mass production will start. What worries me even more, it seems like the team itself doesn't even know.

Craig expected to have shipped the last first batch units in October, but I think this estimate was from before the nub problems. My optimistic estimate would be December. To be honest, I doubt we will see our units this year.

On the bright side, our two year pre-order anniversary is coming up.

Magic Sam said:
Ordered on the very first day, only half an hour after the preordering process began, and still waiting...
According to the poll they're at least an hour and a half into the preorders. If you ordered in the first half hour, you should probably email them to ask what's up.
When reorder time came, were you prompt with your repayment, or did you hesitate for an extended period of time? Only thing I can think of is that Craig said some people took so long to reorder they had to drop them from the list and then re-add them to the end as if it were a new order.

Caine said:
To the best of my knowledge the current bottleneck is population of the boards which has got significantly delayed due to tolerance issues in the nubs. All of the nubs had to be rechecked by the factory and in the meantime, no boards could be populated.
The cases just had to be painted, but so far this has either not finished or they just haven't shipped them yet.
Thanks for your reply :) Craig thinks the nubs are now OK, so board population could resume "soon" (in the US or in the UK ?). Now, let's hope everything goes fine at the Chinese factory...

WizardStan said:
If you ordered in the first half hour, you should probably email them to ask what's up.
Just done...
When reorder time came, were you prompt with your repayment, or did you hesitate for an extended period of time?
I reordered almost instantly, it took me only one or two days IIRC. I couldn't do it online, so I had to wait for my bank office to open (they are closed on Mondays)

Bye, Magic Sam

The last 25 of the 100 will ship today and tomorrow. It does look like this nub issue is solved for 99% of the units so we can get back on track. Over 700 Pandoras have now been shipped.

craigix said:
The last 25 of the 100 will ship today and tomorrow. It does look like this nub issue is solved for 99% of the units so we can get back on track. Over 700 Pandoras have now been shipped.

What's the status of orders after these ?

D4damage said:
craigix said:

More boards coming this week and then it's just going to get faster and faster, we're hoping to be doing 350 a week soon.

craigix said:
D4damage said:
craigix said:

More boards coming this week and then it's just going to get faster and faster, we're hoping to be doing 350 a week soon.

Good to know - I should also have some more LCD cables ready for you :)
I'll do 200 here until Wednesday and one from the german community (Dragoon) volunteered to do 200 more.

I shall then need more speakers :)
Don't forget to include some Pandoras for me with the speakers - the german guys are also waiting :D

Last edited:
SomeGuy99 said:

This is news to me,

If this really is the case - then how are orders now being processed?

Is my approximate queue position 1050-1150 (according to Jacquelyn) now redundant?

If possible could a member of the team clarify this.

miseryguts1969 said:
SomeGuy99 said:

This is news to me,

If this really is the case - then how are orders now being processed?

Is my approximate queue position 1050-1150 (according to Jacquelyn) now redundant?

If possible could a member of the team clarify this.
As far as I'm aware, they spent a few days putting the numbered labels on cases, and then lost track of which cases went in which order. The first one shipped out was not labeled number one. That's the only order not being followed. Everyone who got their order in before you did is getting their Pandora before you. Because of the label confusion, even if you're 1000 in list, you may end up with Pandora labeled 200, or even 1500.
I suspect SG99 just got confused and that's what he's talking about, not the actual list order.

Back