LATEST ART : PHOTOS / GRAPHICS by me : seb doppler aka el joker

not sure if you are getting sloppy, or more focused on theme. You see, the NAT picture for example, does not align the tiles except the ones on the right, which are not "straight"), which triggers my focus on the ugliness of the tiles, and distracts from the NAT (I actually read NAITI in the text).
The Yashika suffers from the same fate: one of the lines is cut at the bottom. Either crop the red line out, or crop it less and rotate to align. Make the centerpiece the interesting part, not the other way around.

Copycat is taken straight, but intentionally diagonal (with mirrored faded words, which are hard to reproduce if it was a mere stencil). Good one, I enjoyed it.

On the road is not themed well, I can clearly see you are just off the road, not ON the road. (probably to get that reflection on the ugly mud). But ON the road makes it more exciting (and not only because a car could be coming, so you need to take the picture fast). Did you take it from behind the window of the car and not outside? I can see some reflection (but as I have no old camera's, it could be an artifact from the camera itself). The sky is ok, but nothing interesting is happening (no bird, no ship on the water, nothing interesting in the foreground). By giving the picture another name. Like "Breathe" you imply there is wind (and the clouds match that windiness), or 5 miles to go (implying you are hitchhiking to somewhere) makes the picture get another theme, and be more than what it is now.

Hope you like my critique and keep on making pictures!

GUEULE DE BAR 0

[doublepost=1492940661,1492940611][/doublepost]GUEULE DE BAR 1

[doublepost=1492942079][/doublepost]ROADTRIP BY NIGHT

ADRIAN FLY [ PORTRAIT ]
I like this composition. There are some clouds in the sky, but just not where the balls are, so they do not distract from the main theme.
There is a tree or two there, hinting that further down there might be more trees, so it also "suggests" some green grass... which gives the composition a "bigger" feel.
Technically, when you do that, there at most 3 balls in the air, so the timing is perfect, combined with the fact that you can SEE each ball's speed (being blurry or not).
Also, the angle gives the subject a very long neck combined with the muscles and pecktorials highlighted by the sun, makes it a picture ladies will want to look at a lot...

UNDERGROUND
This one reminds me of when I went on a tour through the air conditioning labyrinth at Federation square. During the day, the air is pushed through a series of concrete tunnels, where the heat in the air is absorbed into the cold concrete walls. The cool air is then used to cool the buildings. At night the walls of the tunnels cool down, and the cycle begins again.

-Neelix

Back