Keyboard Feedback

Magnulus

Death of Rats!
Website
www.magnulus.com
As a Norwegian, I'd love to see three more buttons on that machine that could maybe be for special characters and then us weirdos with the Æ Ø and Å could set it up to give us those as well. Anybody else got some keyboard-specific thoughts?

Huh. I just thought of something. I guess the E, O and A buttons could be given ÆØÅ functionality with the Fn button held down...

___

Advanced Member
well I am sure there will be a way to get this done. The Fn key would be a good way to do it. As a German I am facing the same problem, but I don't think we need the extra keys for this. Keep it compact. They are already argueing about the tab and backspace keys. These should be priority. I am sure we can find a solution without having to clutter the keyboard panel even more.

Yrx

the Happy Conqueror
Website
Visit site
xnopasaranx said:
well I am sure there will be a way to get this done. The Fn key would be a good way to do it. As a German I am facing the same problem, but I don't think we need the extra keys for this. Keep it compact. They are already argueing about the tab and backspace keys. These should be priority. I am sure we can find a solution without having to clutter the keyboard panel even more.
MWeston said:
It was supposed to be a backspace key with the DEL as a 'function' option. The shoulder buttons could make nice forward and backspace buttons as well (depending on how you hold the device).

The CTRL key is another one that should be there as a primary function somewhere. I think the TAB key was also being considered for the right shoulder button.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnulus

Death of Rats!
Website
www.magnulus.com
Heheh, I do agree. The Fn key can be used for a lot of different things. One could even use the game buttons as modifiers for the functions of regular keys. A lot can be packed into the keys that are already there. I think what we probably need is an easy way to make and share keyboard set-ups. Sharing because it would be nice if someone makes a complex special set-up, it would be cool to just download a config file from the file archive instead of having to punch it all in oneself.

moxie

The voice of reason, sense and exasperation
Staff member
Being swedish, I know exactly what you mean :) I think the key here (ha. ha. ha.) is modifier keys. With shift, ctrl, alt/meta and fn, we ought to be able to cram stuff in, even with slightly fewer keys than usual.

imec

Website
Visit site
I want to be able to jam down the function keys, so that it will be stuck in l33t speak (lol, happened to me yesterday, I could read it, but I thought I caught somekind of hysterical leet virus).

sparr

my last tablet pc (no keyboard) had an accessory that was a keyboard/cover/stand... id love to see pandora go that direction. carry around just the screen/gamingcontrols/cpu/battery half for normal people, and snap on a keyboard for devs and people who want to use it as a laptop.