Just Got My Wiz There Is A Problem

sebas215

Still Fresh
So I was excited to get my wiz today but when i opened it and i noticed the b button doesn't click like the rest of the buttons. I have not even played the system yet because it did not come with any battery life. Is the B button not making a smooth click a problem and is this normal. It sorta feels like theres something stuck under it and u cant push down. Is this something I should send back the wiz for or can I open it up and fix it but I kind of do not want to do that because I afraid I might mess something up inside.

Use it first and if you find that the machine does not respond well to the B button then return it, if not then don't worry too much about it unless it really bugs you.

well I got it to charge for a while and tried out the roms and it works fine the button doesnt interfere it still is responsive but when I tried playing gba games it said I was missing some bios file

Just google search GBA bios and you should find the rom easily enough. I think you just dump it in the roms folder with the rest of your GBA games and you should be good to go.

As far as the B button is concerned, as long as it works, I wouldn't worry about it. Remember this isn't a big company like Nintendo we're buying from so these types of nuances, while not normal, are fairly common, if it really bothers you, you can try to open it up, there are many people on these forums that have opened up the device to alter their d-pads so if you ask around I'm sure someone can assist you with some diagrams and whatnot so you don't screw up anything too bad.

I noticed this exact thing. Basically I think where the button is close to the edge, there is less travel for it. It's not too bothersome once you're used to it.

I returned my first Wiz because the B button was less responsive then the others, the replacement more or less is as you describe. Something is different about the B button still but I can play all games fine with it. The check I did was if I could play Joust in MAME, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Back