Just Got My Caanoo. Fully Charged. All I Get Is Gph.. Wont Boot. Pl

abefroman

Still Fresh
got it last night charged it overnight. charge light went off , turn it on and all I get is GPH on the screen and nothing else. tried with out SD card, no luck. with it, no luck what the hell is going on ?

any ideas ??? should I call thinkgeek and return this ?

also does not show up on my XP windows computer at all.

please help.

Heheh, don't panic! You got as far as the forums, so you should be fine. Try the openhandhelds archive for software such as games and emulators. You'll have to source the emulator roms yourself, don't ask for them here. But give a game from the archive a try and see if you can figure out the process. It's really not so hard.

EDIT: you should get an menu at the very least. If you don't someone will help you out, but it might be an warranty issue.

I don't know why yours isn't working, but new firmware might fix it. Try downloading the latest one from the site Klikklak posted.

If that doesn't work you might just have a bad unit, though. :(

EDIT: Oops, I read your post wrong. Still, yeah, try the firmware.

klikklak said:
Heheh, don't panic! You got as far as the forums, so you should be fine. Try the openhandhelds archive for software such as games and emulators. You'll have to source the emulator roms yourself, don't ask for them here. But give a game from the archive a try and see if you can figure out the process. It's really not so hard.

EDIT: you should get an menu at the very least. If you don't someone will help you out, but it might be an warranty issue.

nope all i get is GPH on the screen noyhing else how could I possibly upgrade the firmware if the damn thing wont even turn on and boot ???? or be recognized by my computer ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an SD card reader? If you do, you could put the new firmware on your SD and the pop it back in your Caanoo. Start your Caanoo while holding the RIGHT shoulder button and your Caanoo will start the firmware upgrade process.

My Caanoo started hanging at the GPH screen a week ago but I reloaded the firmware as above and its fine now.

Reesy said:
Do you have an SD card reader? If you do, you could put the new firmware on your SD and the pop it back in your Caanoo. Start your Caanoo while holding the RIGHT shoulder button and your Caanoo will start the firmware upgrade process.

My Caanoo started hanging at the GPH screen a week ago but I reloaded the firmware as above and its fine now.

FIXED IT !!! flashing 1.0.6 firmware fixed it and now it's working. strange that it doesn't work right out of the box tho !!!

It should have worked right out of the box - perhaps the flashing process was incomplete at the factory (?) where it was produced.

I get this pretty much every time I turn my caanoo on. I have to keep turning it off/on in order to get it to boot properly. I dont remember it doing it when i had 1.0.6 on, but even with the newest firmware it still hangs.

abefroman said:
FIXED IT !!! flashing 1.0.6 firmware fixed it and now it's working. strange that it doesn't work right out of the box tho !!!
I think they (thinkgeek) sell you a refurbished unit, that was flashed improperly.
Enjoy your Caanoo now it's working good.

Back