I Dropped My Caanoo - Wont Start

johannesgj

Still Fresh
i dropped my caanoo from shoulders height today.
it wont start up now at all.
i have put it into charging to see if that would help.
it didnt.

im having a hard time to accept if i just accidentally bricked my caanoo.
so help me on making it work again.

im thinking it might be the power button that needs fixing as that happened on my gp2x.

as a start how would i open the case?

ps any ideas if it is broke or to be fixed (soon)

Akabei said:
Here you can see, how to open the Caanoo.

i have now read the linked subject on how to dissassemble ad will have to wait until tomorrow to get a small screwdriver.
however i still need your thoughts on caanoo vs fall from approx 1.70 meters on hard floor.

i am hoping a conection was lost or my power button in some way rearranged so it cant be turned on from outside the enclosure.

well im just scared shitless that i after 5 days of caanoo ownership have reached the end. that would suck totally and actually be the end of my gph experience as my gp2x f200 suddenly lost the ability to turn on as well after a year of ownership. therefore im not willing to buy another one.

well fuck it ill write back tomorrow about opening and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish you luck. Any number of things could have happened, from something simple to something physically cracked/broken. Let us know how you make out.

once i dropped my wiz ... from about 0.5 meters and one of the volume buttons broke. a friend of mine was able to solder that tiny little thing and my wiz worked like before. so well, i think there could just be something broken off the board that is fixable... probably just the contacts for the battery are borked or whatever.

but you could still contact the after sales center (they're in germany) and ask them for help, if you're unsure if you could handle the repair on your own.

good luck anyway

Back