Just bought a GP32

Tried again to play with the same batteries, now I get the message: No game found on disk or something. Same as before. Not sure why, the batteries have been used only a few minutes in the GP32.
One day the FLU started to perform a weak disco scene and stopped working, I thought I might be the batteries but the GP32 continued working. Lucky the GP32 has an okay screen so I can play without light.
Also powered up the NeoGeo Pocket again, that one appear to have no problem with batteries as I hardly notice it needs new one compared to the GameGear.

Maybe it is cluster errors on the SMC? Try backing up everything and start over. Install Slubman FW. It can format the card perfectly for you in the menu on the GP32. I have used it myself with good results.

Thank you for the photos, =E= :)
Really have not heard of the good-looking GP32-bag before.
Wish I had one ;) but my no-name (padded) HD-carrybag must do for the time being ;)

Sorry for everyone with hardware problems :( I try to treat my singular SMC card like a proverbial raw egg.

Reactions: =E=
Thank you for the photos, =E= :)
Really have not heard of the good-looking GP32-bag before.
Wish I had one ;) but my no-name (padded) HD-carrybag must do for the time being ;)

Sorry for everyone with hardware problems :( I try to treat my singular SMC card like a proverbial raw egg.
Of course you are welcome :)
Its good that you have something to put the GP32 in. Thats what counts I think for keeping them scratch free and so on.. (well as good as you can considering how old it is getting now..) :)
Hahaha that had me cracking up, the part with treating your SMC like a raw egg :D I am the same way and even more now then before.

Yes, merely since getting replacement is getting close to impossible, it costs either plenty of time, or plenty of money :D

Is there any other way to play the original Wolfenstein on GP32 other than Megadrive emulator + WS homebrew? () [I´m not complaining!]

Very true @atari_afternoon about the SMC I am still hoping for the one I am bidding on in the auction, on Saturday it ends. Fingers crossed.
I have no idea about the game sadly, so I cannot help you. :/

Edit : I found this https://sourceforge.net/projects/gp32wolf3d/ but haven't tried it myself. If you do, please let others know if there are someone who wants to know :)

Thank you for the link. I could have sworn I have NOT found an interpreter on the dl openhandhelds for either Keen and Wolf, and about Wolf, i was right I´m afraid: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp32.cgi?0,40,0,0,1 no hits :(
But i understand it´s twelve years. Back twelve years ago, I didn´t even have internet at home and I had just "discovered" Activision Anthology on the GBA, which brought me back into retrogaming, getting back my old consoles, and the ones I missed throughout the entire 90ies.

Regarding Keen, however, there is : http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp32.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,995 :)
Can´t believe I have not found this before. A clone of Keen 1!

Yes, I do have keen on my GP32 its a classic :D too bad about the Wolfenstein.

I have been playing a bit tonight so far :)
and can report:

1. The above Wolfenstein link is "wrong" (it leads to the GP2X version of it, by the same porter, @Flavor - thank you BTW! I come here just fourteen years too late :D ) ;)
So, one second of looking around, and you got the right one: http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/GP32/GP32Wolf/
Runs impeccably!
(But for me, WS FULL version "hangs" - a few seconds of weird artifacts and all crashes).
No biggie - Shareware versions run fine, and the full version of SOD runs impeccably :)
I remember I had the same problem on the GP2X. Normally I play WS on the original GBA cartridge anyway (singular disadvantage: saving only at end of level possible!).
However, there is a fix: I need to add a "vgafiles" file (or similar named):
If you have tried Wolfenstein 3D on your GP32 and it looked like this, then you need to replace some of your datafiles with the files in the vgafiles.zip archive.
At it and will report back....

EDIT Works fantastic!! So.... if any reader in 2016 finds this great site from 2002 : Be sure to scroll down - the fix is there ;)

2. Keen 1 plays great (without PC speaker sound - Keen has had no Adlib back then)
Launcher supposed to run keen 2 and 3 as well but I don´t have either.

Last edited:
Sorry about the link being wrong, @atari_afternoon but good thing you found the right one and even a fix :D
[doublepost=1478104511,1478088524][/doublepost]Does anyone know if we can play DOS games via some emulator on GP32? If so, what emulator is recommended is there an tutorial on how you get everything up and running? I just want to play some games like chips challenge and ugh! for an example, nothing too heavy.

You can play Chips Challenge with "Lynx" emulation ;)
DOSBox is what you would want...but I doubt it works well, or at all, on GP32.
TBH this is the main reason why, in 2011, i was considering and one year later, getting a Pandora.
because otherwise, DoxsBox used to be relatively fiddely ;) (without any keyboard)

Look here: I´m afraid DosBox is not possible: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/dosbox-playing-swos-on-gp32.18434/

Make sure to also try Bolcataxian, Bolcatoid, Lacuna, and Elena, very polished homebrew games with a demoscene vibe. GPWar is another good one.

GP32 Homebrew Reviews
is great for finding new things to try on your :gp32:

Thanks for the tips and the link, alxm :) another nice resource that is, thankfully, still kept alive (like the GP32 filearchive here) :)

Yeah thanks @alxm :D

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I finally have another 128mb SMC on the way home :D I won the auction today!! So happy. Its been a long wait. That means I will have a spare. Always good. Will fill that one up with fun stuff as soon as it arrives next week!

I´m also watching an auction with 4 SMC cards :) if this doesn´t work out, I´m going to look for the adapter-solution :)

@atari_afternoon WOW 4 (!!!) :D omg lucky. In Sweden I just found ONE. And that is the one I won. I guess someone always have to be better ;) j/k
But what about that other SMC you told me about? That you where gonna get what happened did he give it away?

He gave me the tip about the guy with 4 ;) feel free to share what you put on your new card. I´m still deep in homebrew reviews reading :)

I see , well right now while I am waiting for the SMC I have been softmodding my wii (original) and I am currently transferring all my discs onto the external HD. It takes forever so I haven't had the time for anything GP32 related.

Back