Just bought a GP32

If this starts a revival, I´m in :) for me, the GP32 is still "new" - only got one in August, and love it for playing DOOM and Giana outside (sunlight => TTF => WIN).
Come to think of it, need to look for one or two spare SMC cards - before they get "rare"....
I had it when it first came out. But it was the original one NLU now I have, as you know the FLU. So its not really new to me. But I still love it thats why I am really happy about having one again. And that I now have a FLU is light years better :D I think SMC already are rare. I cannot find any here in Sweden... bohooo..
[doublepost=1477157673,1477156948][/doublepost]
I had it when it first came out. But it was the original one NLU now I have, as you know the FLU. So its not really new to me. But I still love it thats why I am really happy about having one again. And that I now have a FLU is light years better :D I think SMC already are rare. I cannot find any here in Sweden... bohooo..
edit : I actually did find an online bidding site just now, with one SMC so I have posted my bid for it , hope I win so I at least can have one more , lol.

Ok, this makes me want to try to re-install "vAtari" - I had no luck with getting it run first time sadly, will try now :) would so like Atari 2600 emulation on GP32 outside in autumn sunlight :)

Ok, this makes me want to try to re-install "vAtari" - I had no luck with getting it run first time sadly, will try now :) would so like Atari 2600 emulation on GP32 outside in autumn sunlight :)
Its a great idea. No sun in Sweden just cold and windy. Fingers crossed you will get it to work! Enjoy!

You can see if you have a FLU by looking at where the light comes from. The FLU (Front Lit Unit) has lights from the corners shining on the top of you screen. The On/Off switch is on the back in a hole that looks 'homemade'.
The FLU is a mod to the original unit if I remember correctly.
The BLU has an actual backlight that is build in when it was produced, I've never seen them in real-life but they were in some shops in Spain, so you could have one.

Each GP32 has a serialnumber, the original games are encrypted on the SMC so they only work on your GP32.
The tool to do this is/was on the original GamePark website, if I remember correcly.

I also remember the SMC up to 128MB was supported, so even if you put in more it would work. But I've never tried myself, so who knows.
The adapter to put in XD card suggestions was more to have some options if you can not get any more SMC cards.
Don't know if XD cards are more durable or cheaper, but if so that might be a reason to get some so you don't have only a single SMC that can break and make the GP32 workless.

Reactions: =E=
You can see if you have a FLU by looking at where the light comes from. The FLU (Front Lit Unit) has lights from the corners shining on the top of you screen. The On/Off switch is on the back in a hole that looks 'homemade'.
The FLU is a mod to the original unit if I remember correctly.
The BLU has an actual backlight that is build in when it was produced, I've never seen them in real-life but they were in some shops in Spain, so you could have one.

Each GP32 has a serialnumber, the original games are encrypted on the SMC so they only work on your GP32.
The tool to do this is/was on the original GamePark website, if I remember correcly.

I also remember the SMC up to 128MB was supported, so even if you put in more it would work. But I've never tried myself, so who knows.
The adapter to put in XD card suggestions was more to have some options if you can not get any more SMC cards.
Don't know if XD cards are more durable or cheaper, but if so that might be a reason to get some so you don't have only a single SMC that can break and make the GP32 workless.

Thank you for explaining and it looks like I actually do have the FLU with the front light. Because I do have the switch. So that was what I thought all along. I did some research on google image and compared mine to them, but thats it. So thats why I asked if someone knew for sure. And seems like you do. :) Yeah, I will maybe try to buy the adapter if I cannot find SMC because it would be sad to have the GP32 but not use it. Kinda pointless :/ Again thank you!

Just to shout into the crowd that YEAH vAtari works!! :) :) (just do not too many games onto there, better no more than 50 ;) )

What c64 emulator is the best I really want to be able to play my all time favorite game on it : The great Giana sisters :D hope that game works? I thought I would ask and collect a little before I receive my card reader that I am waiting for, so when I do have it I can just drag and drop :)

Lynx emu works :) looks much like its GP2X successor, which is a good thing (savegames!).
However, I´m having bad luck solely with scrameta´s Atari 800 emulator.....it just wouldn´t boot...no biggie.
[doublepost=1477479921,1477478388][/doublepost]Giving up now. After downloading a800 from the filearchive, and no luck, I went to scrameta´s site, http://www.scrameta.net/a800.html , which is thankfully still up, got
0.8 for GP32
but no luck. Maybe, in 2003, he programmed it for the FLU or BLU, and not for the NLU (which I have).

No biggie. Doom, Mame, C64, A2600, Colecovision, RACE, NES and MD run so well and from scratch, and Sega-1000 is a real discovery for me :)

Lynx emu works :) looks much like its GP2X successor, which is a good thing (savegames!).
However, I´m having bad luck solely with scrameta´s Atari 800 emulator.....it just wouldn´t boot...no biggie.
[doublepost=1477479921,1477478388][/doublepost]Giving up now. After downloading a800 from the filearchive, and no luck, I went to scrameta´s site, http://www.scrameta.net/a800.html , which is thankfully still up, got
0.8 for GP32

but no luck. Maybe, in 2003, he programmed it for the FLU or BLU, and not for the NLU (which I have).

No biggie. Doom, Mame, C64, A2600, Colecovision, RACE, NES and MD run so well and from scratch, and Sega-1000 is a real discovery for me :)
Sad that it didn't work even after all your trying. But good that you have so many other retro consoles to play around and reminiscing with :D
I am still waiting for my card reader..sigh... absolutely hate to wait, lol.

I´m sorry to hear that :( now that winter approaches here, I say i do envy you for your lit unit :)
Yeah. But on a positive note. I finally received my Revo K101 plus yesterday. So have been playing around with that unit. Its amazing to me :D So meanwhile I wait for the card reader I can still play around with this one, yay!
[doublepost=1477598512,1477571762][/doublepost]I earlier today received the card reader which is working beautiful for me with my Mac. I flashed my GP32 with the firmware on here http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp32.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,744 no issues. It was super easy. I was so nervous. Do I still need the free launcher on it? It doesn't seem like I do , but I ask first before I remove it. Does anyone know? Also, is there an even better version I should flash it with?

edit. I change the text where I said I like girly games *snip* I PERSONALLY as a girl, do not like violence or fighting games.

If you feel like it... Perhaps you could start another thread, because I would *love* to know which games you are into...
While I don't have much time these days... I'm always on the lookout for games that appeal to my PERSONAL 'taste'...

Now the issue is finding a title for the thread that doesn't offend the sexist police...
I would just call it 'Your favourite Girly Games.' and have done with it.

:oops:;)

Honestly... if you can't call something girly, girly... what can you call it?

Calling something girly or boyish is simply a language convenience to denote subject matter of a certain (generally understood) theme.

Girls can be boyish, boys can be girly.
...I would suggest the sexist police come up with more appropriate terms for these 'themes' if they really find them offensive?
Got a better term to suggest in it's place?

Girly: MLP, flowers, fairies, rainbows, kittens, star sprinkles, friendship, compassion, empathy, etc...

Boyish: GI Joe, sports, guns, cowboys, cops, cars, machinery, explosives, racing/fighting, violence, attitude, competitiveness, etc...

Hmm.. I already said I was sorry about how I wrote that :(
I get it ok? It was stupid of me. We all do stupid things sometimes..AGAIN I am truly sorry.

Hmm.. I already said I was sorry about how I wrote that :(
I get it ok? It was stupid of me. We all do stupid things sometimes..AGAIN I am truly sorry.

I was actually supporting you.

I like girly games myself.... Sorry if I wasn't being clear.

The rest of my post was directed more towards those who took offense at what you originally wrote (even though I don't know what that was - I am only surmising).

Back