Just bought a GP32

Discussion in 'I need help...' started by =E=, Oct 21, 2016.

1. atari_afternoon

atari_afternoon Member

This is nice, i did the same once with my PSP :)

2. =E=

=E= Still Fresh

Today I got my SMC :D I dont know yet what to put on it, but I am open to try anything if you have any suggestions?!

3. atari_afternoon

atari_afternoon Member

Not yet, I´m still working down my way through the list with review-reading - and of course I am easily distracted too (fumbling with Frontier Elite 2 on the Wiz).
    If I had a spare card i would try my luck on Quake and DukeNukem3D just to see how the clickety click joystick does :)
    Following a tip I received from stoni in August, you might want to try out Super Plusha ;) http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp32.cgi?0,0,0,0,35,1071

4. =E=

=E= Still Fresh

OMG that was the cutest game Ive seen in a long while :D Thank you! Will defiantly try that one out!
    I am also easily distracted by other gaming devices lol :) Right now when I have soft modded my old wii, there are TONS of stuff to try out. I have a chip in my wii also, but softmod is something else. Ive been playing lots of games I had from when I transfered them over to my external HD. so much more convenient and I dont have to think about the discs getting scratched. They can just sit on the shelf for display :)

edit: lol, you know what? I tried the game now instead, it looked sooo cute. I just had to :D and man, is it cute and fun! this is a keeper on my SMC for sure! http://i.imgur.com/7SBHDkI.jpg (excuse the mess in my office so many projects going on lol)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  5. atari_afternoon

atari_afternoon Member

Very good :) glad you like it too :)
    BTW, I see you have such a protective case for the SMC :) Looks useful. As could be expected, a SD card one is too small. When I get a spare card, so far, I only have a remotely fitting plastic bag...might be a good idea to look out for a card with such case :)
    PS My main distraction atm is Dosbox + Wolfenstein standalone fan versions. Some are very very good, some are just brawlers :D Will try to see if they work wtih GP32 WS interpreter, too, but I think they won´t, they were made for DOS PCs but when I get the game files only and rename them....hmmm.

6. =E=

=E= Still Fresh

Ah, yes! The protecting case for the SMC is great. I can easily fit both my cards in there. Very good especially because its so hard to find other cards now a days. I hope you find such case yourself!
    Let us know if you get the game going on GP32 :) Never tried Dosbox, is it for PCs? There is an app for Macs that is called Boxer(app.com) it is great for old DOS games. I haven't played around that much yet with it, but from what I remember it was really cool. Maybe I should try it soon again..if I can find the time :p

7. WhiteFalcon

WhiteFalcon Certified Guru

Wow, has it been 13 years since I bought my first GP32? :) Its such a rush of nostalgia seeing new owners (and the oldtimers like Slaanesh ;-)) now. And my login is still working!
    To topic: the SMC cards usually were sold with the protective case, right? They seem to be pretty pricey these days...

8. atari_afternoon

atari_afternoon Member

Yeah,I think, unless you are ok with used ones, or new old stock at best, the way out is adaopter + sd-card.

9. Gruntfuggly

Gruntfuggly Mostly Harmless

I still use my GP32 for playing gpRogue - it's the most playable version IMHO - it works really well with the reduced controls. I wished it could be ported to the Pandora...:(

The other game I really enjoyed on the GP32 was Nazca Dreams...

=E= likes this.
  10. =E=

=E= Still Fresh

Its been a while since I was in here. Just wanted to wish you all a merry Christmas :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 24, 2016 ---

Hello :) How did the Wolfenstein work out for you, did you get it to work with the GP32 the standalone fan versions? Please do tell!

levi likes this.
  11. atari_afternoon

atari_afternoon Member

Merry Christmas :)

Sorry, I have never tried those yet, main reason is lack of any direct sunlight in this rainy Christmas season :D but if they are in wad-format, or if the wads can be "extracted" from them, probably might work.
    I will give these a try after the Christmas days on the Nokia n-gage and on the GP32
    TBH it is more convenient in non-direct winter sunlight, to play them on Pandora, or pC, with DoxBox;)

=E= likes this.
  12. =E=

=E= Still Fresh

Let us know or at least me :)

13. Hooka

Hooka That Guy!

If the wolf3d mods are not source mods just modified .WL* files, then you should be able to try just replacing the files :)

If they were source mods there would be a bit more work to be done...