Just bought a GP32

I don't think XD cards go any bigger than 128mb either. You'd need a SM-MMC adaptor or SM-SD, but I've never seen one of those in the wild. I think most people who had a lot of stuff for their gp32s just ended up with more than one card. Maybe some people here with Gp32s they don't really use anymore might have old SM cards they could sell.
I saw an XD card of 2gb thats why I had the question, but I couldn't find it again so I went to Wikipedia (love that site) and on here it says 2gb maximum too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XD-Picture_Card Yeah, its smart to have more cards but I only have one and they seem fragile so maybe its better to find other options, but I don't know anything about this topic I am trying to find out everything :) It sure is interesting!

Congratulations! I want to have the same sensation with my Pandora but first I need that @EvilDragon decide send it to me. :oops:

Sorry :p

Last edited:
... I have no idea... (Don't have a GamePark32). Probably not (IF it works, it would be able to read only the first few sectors, and there is no guarantee your data is all there)

... I have no idea... (Don't have a GamePark32). Probably not (IF it works, it would be able to read only the first few sectors, and there is no guarantee your data is all there)
Ah, I see. Thank you :)

Yes, but if the unit only can read 128mb maybe its not a good idea to buy 2gb? Levi said that the GP32 cannot read more. Do you know?
No, I was trying to say that XD cards only went up to 128MB (having seem someone hawking a 64MB one for loadsamoney on Amazon), but it seems I was mistaken. I forget when Olympus and Fuji stopped making cameras that took those cards, but it was at least a decade ago I think, although thinking it through, back then I would have been buying 2GB microSD cards (and 8GB CF cards), so perhaps it going up to that size fits. I guess there were probably multiple revisions though, with increased block sizes as time went on, but older devices might not know about the later block sizes, so be unable to use bigger cards. It's possible the GP32 only supported early generations of that filesystem, but I don't know either way myself. I thought the GP32 was cool, but by the time I became aware of it the GP2X was nearing release.

Reactions: =E=
No, I was trying to say that XD cards only went up to 128MB (having seem someone hawking a 64MB one for loadsamoney on Amazon), but it seems I was mistaken. I forget when Olympus and Fuji stopped making cameras that took those cards, but it was at least a decade ago I think, although thinking it through, back then I would have been buying 2GB microSD cards (and 8GB CF cards), so perhaps it going up to that size fits. I guess there were probably multiple revisions though, with increased block sizes as time went on, but older devices might not know about the later block sizes, so be unable to use bigger cards. It's possible the GP32 only supported early generations of that filesystem, but I don't know either way myself. I thought the GP32 was cool, but by the time I became aware of it the GP2X was nearing release.
Oh. I just misunderstood you then. Sorry for that. Well, I think I will buy it just to see if I can have 2GB of storage on this little device, how cool wouldn't that be? But if someone knows anything about this it would be a great help to me and others about this topic.
Oh, I never tried the GP2X because I had the GP32 and was happy about it. But later I decided to sell it. Thats why I have been looking for a new one, and just found it. They arent that easy to come by. Well not that I know of anyways. Sure some are on Ebay, but not many.I am just happy I finally have one.

You won't be able to use more than 128MB on the GP32 - that's as much as it can read! Even if you use a larger 2GB XD card with a converter! I wouldn't bother with those as they stick out of the GP32.

Anyway, most games on the GP32 are small, so 128MB, which doesn't sound like much, is probably sufficient.

You won't be able to use more than 128MB on the GP32 - that's as much as it can read! Even if you use a larger 2GB XD card with a converter! I wouldn't bother with those as they stick out of the GP32.

Anyway, most games on the GP32 are small, so 128MB, which doesn't sound like much, is probably sufficient.
Oh. Okay. Have you tried the adapter yourself?
Well maybe I can save my money then seems like there aint much of a point. It is what it is. Thanks!

It might be a limitation for emulators. I think the total of NES game images is a little over 128MB, if you wanted to put all NES games on your GP32.
Nah, I have an Everdrive for the total of all NES roms for my real NES so thats not really anything I want but sure I do have lots of favorites for NES :) would be nice to play them on the go. But I am sure I would want other emulators other than NES, there are so many :D

Just load up what you can. Search around for some old smc cards. That will be the most convenient. People mostly started using the xd adapters when xd was much more popular.

back in 2004/5 I could take get a number of snes, genesis, and nes games all on one card. You can't do the full library like you can on the pandora but just pick and choose.

Just load up what you can. Search around for some old smc cards. That will be the most convenient. People mostly started using the xd adapters when xd was much more popular.

back in 2004/5 I could take get a number of snes, genesis, and nes games all on one card. You can't do the full library like you can on the pandora but just pick and choose.
Yeah I will pick and choose :)
I never used xd myself.
[doublepost=1477094967,1477094931][/doublepost]
You've started a GP32 revival!
Looks like I did , lol :) but it's fun ain't it? :D
[doublepost=1477095103][/doublepost]
If you mean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartMedia i have a cardreader you can get. I think the cards top out at 128MB. I may have one of those.
Yes, that's the card! Thank you but today I ordered a multimedia card reader and I really hope it will work for me. But if you have any smartmedia cards laying around pm me :D or if anyone else reading this have it :) thanks!!

I'm trying to think where mine is packed away now.... Thinking about the microswitch dpad....

If this starts a revival, I´m in :) for me, the GP32 is still "new" - only got one in August, and love it for playing DOOM and Giana outside (sunlight => TTF => WIN).
Come to think of it, need to look for one or two spare SMC cards - before they get "rare"....

Back