Just Got A Gp32

NzoMatrix

Still Fresh
Just got GP32 NLU but not sure how to set everything up.

It has Aquafish 1.6

With these options
European firmware
Pacrom 0.31
yafl 0.3
SMC Recovery

Heres a bunch questions i have.
1. Im getting a boot.ini cannot be loaded at startup
2. Do i need to register it at gamepark
3. What USB driver do i use for XP.
4. How do i format the SMC
5. What program do i use to move files from computer to the gp32

Any help will be much appreciated!

Welcome, Your going to have some great fun once you get this thing setup. :)

1) I haven`t used Aquafish`s firmware in quite a long time, But i`m sure someone here can point you in the right direction. But just out of curiosity, Have you tried holding the select button when you switch on the GP32, Does a menu appear ?.

2) As the firmware on your GP32 is not the default/original firmware that comes on the Nlu (non lit unit) there is no reason to register with Gamepark.

3) These are the drivers i used before i brought a card reader.
http://users.skynet.be/firefly/gp32/projec...32usb/index.htm

4) Install the pc-link sofware (Link below, after you install the drivers), Then you can format the card in the GP32 via the pc-link software through the usb cable attached to the GP32 (you do have a usb cable, Don`t you ?).

http://207.44.176.77/~admin28/gp32emu/tools.htm

5) see 4 above, You use the same software, Pc-link to transfer stuff to and from your GP.

Hope that helps

EDIT: If possible, Get yourself a SMC card reader, It`s so much quicker and easier.

Trooper

NzoMatrix posted on May 2 2005 at 02:15 PM said:

It has Aquafish 1.6

With these options
European firmware
Pacrom 0.31
yafl 0.3
SMC Recovery

1.  Im getting a boot.ini cannot be loaded at startup
2.  Do i need to register it at gamepark
3.  What USB driver do i use for XP.
4.  How do i format the SMC
5.  What program do i use to move files from computer to the gp32

1. :huh: Explain...
2. No, atleast in your case.
3. USB driver
4. Pacrom probably has an option but if not, use GP32 Manager.
5 GP32 Manager

Install the usb drivers and then install GP32 manager. Then you use the pc link option in Pacrom. Plug in your usb cable. Then you can copy files or format the smc from within the GP32 manager program.

I reccomend copying GPDRIVE over once you get that working. It makes your gp32 act like a smc sized usb hard drive (easier to use than GP32 manager). Then you can copy, delete and move files using My Computer (don't try formatting, Windows XP's formatter screws it up). You still need to format using GP32 manager, though.

edit: The drivers I got here are more up to date than the ones Trooper has :p

Last edited by a moderator:
NzoMatrix posted on May 2 2005 at 10:15 PM said:

It has Aquafish 1.6

With these options
European firmware
Pacrom 0.31
yafl 0.3
SMC Recovery

1. Im getting a boot.ini cannot be loaded at startup
2. Do i need to register it at gamepark
3. What USB driver do i use for XP.
4. How do i format the SMC
5. What program do i use to move files from computer to the gp32

Dont bother formatting the SMC as they come formatted already. You just have to create directories on the SMC such as GPMM to put programs.

If you get a card reader (recommended) you just drag and drop in Windows like the SMC is another drive, no need to mess with drivers etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going DaveC's method, the Folders you should create on your SMC are...

GAME
GPETC
GPMM
GPSYS
MOVIE
MP3

In general you can just read a game or application's readme to see where to place the files, but, for the most part, files will be placed in GPMM.

One other hint. If you are going to use a reader and make SMCs you may want to have a folder on your PC called "blank SMC" with the directory structure as listed by Shinneri. Then every time you get a blank card just copy and paste the whole structure to the new SMC. This will make sure you get everything and saves the time of doing manually every time.

the boot.ini file was already in the root directory of the smc i gave you, if you formatted the smc then it's gone. If it still doesn't work, then i can email you the boot.ini file i use since its the same firmware i'm using on my flu now.

Thanks for the help guys. I figured out for the most part the problems i was having.

Makes me feel all misty to see such help from you guys!!!

Just wish I could help, but being thick..alas

But if you have a tea towel? :)

Back