Just bought a GP32

I was actually supporting you.

I like girly games myself.... Sorry if I wasn't being clear.

The rest of my post was directed more towards those who took offense at what you originally wrote (even though I don't know what that was - I am only surmising).
Yes thanks but I felt maybe Levi was not. :( but maybe I was wrong there too.. it felt sarcastic.. but I hope I am wrong.
Also, my English aint the best I dont always fully understand everything and things I say maybe comes out wrong.

I am not going to say anything more about what I said before because it can come out wrong once again. Just know that I am sorry.
[doublepost=1477604410,1477604368][/doublepost]
Sorry, the most I was trying to say was as an aside, and was a little silly itself. What you said initially maybe was incautious, but it certainly wasn't stupid :)
Ok. Thanks..

But maybe you could still PM faeminx to compare games collections. Sounds like you may have at least that in common (though don't expect too much when it comes to faeminx ;) )

(sorry faeminx, if that's necessary)

Do anyone of you know any good way to format my SMC completely and start over? I still have old files on my SMC left from my old Firmware.
I dont know what I can remove and not. How do I format it on my Mac all I see is FAT32 and also on my virtual machine I only see FAT32. Maybe I am missing something.. ? It should be in FAT16 as I understand it?

I just tried formatting it in macOS and it was stil in fat16 when it was done. Phew..cant believe I was so brave to try I was so scared that I would mess it all up. Anyways. What folders should there be on it and where do I put files on it if I want to have emulators and roms and home-brew games on it?

Last edited:
In an attempt to bring this topic a little back on-topic ;) by writing some more GP32-fan-maiL:
I haven´t reflashed it yet, so the Freelauncher is still on it on mine. Normally I think "Don´t fix anyhting that isn´t broken." ;)
The card behaves like any drive would do, you can delete and drag and drop, can´t you? Ydy i have had to fight a bit becaus even 128 MB is not really much and a best of is all that fits onto it :)
So, it´s some 10 Lynx games....50 Atari2600...3 (!) MD games...all (!) SG-1000...4 NGP-games....etc. and now waiting for natural sunshine (in late October!).

I have now installed http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp32.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,396 and in there there was a format option. So I ran that and now it is formated with all the folders. I dont even know if that firmware is for my GP32 FLU. Does anyone know? It is working so its not broken ..yet... now is the question where to put the files I want to have..there are a few folders..
[doublepost=1477608174,1477607974][/doublepost]
In an attempt to bring this topic a little back on-topic ;) by writing some more GP32-fan-maiL:
I haven´t reflashed it yet, so the Freelauncher is still on it on mine. Normally I think "Don´t fix anyhting that isn´t broken." ;)
The card behaves like any drive would do, you can delete and drag and drop, can´t you? Ydy i have had to fight a bit becaus even 128 MB is not really much and a best of is all that fits onto it :)
So, it´s some 10 Lynx games....50 Atari2600...3 (!) MD games...all (!) SG-1000...4 NGP-games....etc. and now waiting for natural sunshine (in late October!).
Yes, I can drag and drop but where do I put the emulators, where do you have Atari and roms for an example? what folder? And home-brew games , where do you put them? my root looks like this (folders)
game
gpetc
gpmm
gpsys
movie
mp3
ogg
dosent really tell much? I just want it to be right.

I would look at the included text files but so far all programs i have tried are installed exactly this same way :) glad you like its NES performance.
For me, the major discovery still is a working SG1000 emulator, and DOOM :D

(Sadly, Simpsons Doom and GoldenEye didn´t work for me)....

I enjoy this kind of discussions. A little ago, when 12 years too late, I discovered the Nokia n-gage homebrew, I had a similar forum chat, about Symbian gaming. But I also do read these kind of "olf topic" topics, and then reactivate an old console for a yummy evening .)

I would look at the included text files but so far all programs i have tried are installed exactly this same way :) glad you like its NES performance.
For me, the major discovery still is a working SG1000 emulator, and DOOM :D

(Sadly, Simpsons Doom and GoldenEye didn´t work for me)....

I enjoy this kind of discussions. A little ago, when 12 years too late, I discovered the Nokia n-gage homebrew, I had a similar forum chat, about Symbian gaming. But I also do read these kind of "olf topic" topics, and then reactivate an old console for a yummy evening .)
Oh I forgot about the sg1000 I had it on the card before I deleted and started over. Thanks for reminding me.
Yes its fun to read old topics about different devices. I am reading up on the Revo now and the gp32 also. fun when you get things rolling..

Do any of you guys like Vectrex? I was tinkering with an emulator for the GP32 a few years back. Could pull that one out for you guys to try.
I'll have to refresh my memory on it to see if it was in good order or not.

I'll also double check vAtari - as I think there may be some other (minor) improvements for it as well.
[doublepost=1477618503,1477618273][/doublepost]The Slubman fireware is what I use on all my GP32s. Easily the best frontend!

Do any of you guys like Vectrex? I was tinkering with an emulator for the GP32 a few years back. Could pull that one out for you guys to try.
I'll have to refresh my memory on it to see if it was in good order or not.

I'll also double check vAtari - as I think there may be some other (minor) improvements for it as well.
[doublepost=1477618503,1477618273][/doublepost]The Slubman fireware is what I use on all my GP32s. Easily the best frontend!
I haven't played much of Vectrex but I remember that my big brother had a game I used to like it was called Solar Quest or something like that :) but I would like to try more and see how I like it. And I think its so nice of you to offer to do more for the community with your emulators. Thank you!
Yes, The Slubman firmware is the one I stuck with it seems really good actually.
[doublepost=1477661640][/doublepost]Where can I find a good snake game for GP32? Can anyone recommend one? Freeware..homebrew..

Come to think of it, the only things I have failed to get running so far are some of the 1980ies home computers: While Frodo (C64) works fine, I´m out of luck with SchneiderCPC and Atari800 (as said).

I did some playtesting vectrex homebrew for DerLuchs, was quite enjoyable :) wonder what it looks like on TFT screen, sounds gewat for autumn ambient light....
Are we really working on a GP32 revival yet? :)

Yesterday I put fresh batteries into the GP32 and turns out the SMC isn't wiped clean, it works. Looks like the GP32 does not like the rechargeable batteries I have (probably the 1.2V compared to 1.5V from non-rechargeable).
While the unit booted the SMC was not read. The light (FLU) doesn't turn on still, so that appears to broken.

Yesterday I put fresh batteries into the GP32 and turns out the SMC isn't wiped clean, it works. Looks like the GP32 does not like the rechargeable batteries I have (probably the 1.2V compared to 1.5V from non-rechargeable).
While the unit booted the SMC was not read. The light (FLU) doesn't turn on still, so that appears to broken.
Aww, so sorry to hear about the light. I wonder why it stopped working. But good thing you have a working GP32 other than the light it seems.. :)

Hope the card slot isn´t dead .(
That´s interesting. I have found this problem only with the GP2X : That it needs a certain sort of rechargeables to boot that do not deliver too little voltage power...
I think I wish me a FLU for Christmas......
But come to think of it...
The Wonderswan, WITH headphone adapter, needs a certain voltage to even boot up - the same old battery that fires up the pure Swan won´t make the one with this extra circuitry boot.

Hope the card slot isn´t dead .(
That´s interesting. I have found this problem only with the GP2X : That it needs a certain sort of rechargeables to boot that do not deliver too little voltage power...
I think I wish me a FLU for Christmas......
But come to think of it...
The Wonderswan, WITH headphone adapter, needs a certain voltage to even boot up - the same old battery that fires up the pure Swan won´t make the one with this extra circuitry boot.
Why not a BLU while your at it? That is my dream :D

I guess there is no use in waiting. They will not get more frequent....
Luckily in bed I have a good reading light.

Question: Is there an "original" Game Park bag for the GP32s? If not: I continue to keep it in the padded portable HD zip case.

Back