Just a few days... (2012-02-18)

Out of curiosity ED i RMA'd my premium Pandora late last year. Any thoughts on when i will be getting it assuming everything goes smoothly on Monday/Tuesday?

Was the PCB broken? Did you send it to me?

Then you should get it shortly after that.
Speaking of RMAs I didn't think my PCB was broken, I sent mine in for PTOD. Jacquelyn told me it had been sent back to CC though. Are you handling PCB RMAs for Craig or will I have to have to wait for Craig to receive his shipment first?

- Neelix

When preorders are filled, I'll be in for one of those 512mb board upgrades, mine is only stable upto to ~850MHz.. I can do replacement myself, so will only require the board and price for upgrade..

When preorders are filled, I'll be in for one of those 512mb board upgrades, mine is only stable upto to ~850MHz.. I can do replacement myself, so will only require the board and price for upgrade..

Have you tried setting your opp level to 4 or 5 instead of the default 3 above 850MHz?

Have you tried setting your opp level to 4 or 5 instead of the default 3 above 850MHz?

By using the CPU settings app and allowing the allowable range to Opp 5? Then when I start CPU speed and change it to 900-1000 it will use Opp 5? Or do I need to set it explicitly somewhere?

Your method will work yes. You can also set the min/max cpu speeds in the same area that the option to set max OPP level was available. That will then limit the available CPU speed slider to those settings, so you can home/end rather than scroll to the desired speed. Then per application (for those that don't offer preferred speed dialogs on starting), you can use OVR files (manually made or created via minimenu) to set a preferred speed for that app. In addition emulators like PCSX allow for per game speeds from within the emulator aswell, so long as they fall within your maximum allowed speed. It will use the higher voltage when required and otherwise whilst idle, will remain low and conserve battery as normal, so it wont reduce battery life just for the sake of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Related to the TV-Out cables, it'd be nice to find out how much the shipping will be on those. I'm definitely looking forward to the TVOut cables.

Your method will work yes. You can also set the min/max cpu speeds in the same area that the option to set max OPP level was available. That will then limit the available CPU speed slider to those settings, so you can home/end rather than scroll to the desired speed. Then per application (for those that don't offer preferred speed dialogs on starting), you can use OVR files (manually made or created via minimenu) to set a preferred speed for that app. In addition emulators like PCSX allow for per game speeds from within the emulator aswell, so long as they fall within your maximum allowed speed. It will use the higher voltage when required and otherwise whilst idle, will remain low and conserve battery as normal, so it wont reduce battery life just for the sake of it.

I tried it, still not stable past 850.. Is there any terminal command to show what current OPP level is?

I tried it, still not stable past 850.. Is there any terminal command to show what current OPP level is?

Yes, there is:

Code:
cat /proc/pandora/cpu_opp_max

But if you had the newer experimental kernel running and changed back to the old one, you might have to take out the battery for 10 minutes before the old kernel recognizes the OPP settings.

Back