Just a few days... (2012-02-18)

Great news thank you for the update. Getting my gp2x out for a play to get myself back in the emu frame of mind. I've been waiting 3 years but now it is starting to feel worth it. I am a big kid, I won't be able to sleep right as soon as I know its coming :)

Pandora and pirates? The pirates of the German pirates party I have seen on TV were ****** yuppies voluntarily locked into the Apple ecosystem. Wonder what this has to do with the pandora handheld or even pirates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, I'll have to send my new shipping details to you then ;)

Enjoy the birth!

Cheers a bunch for the subtitles (and the mega-quick VLC tutorial) MasterJulian! Awesome work :)

I hope you don't mind but I did a quick grammar and spelling sweep and uploaded a new .srt: http://pastebin.com/Cqneme5g

And uhh... that intro, huh?

Are we going to get any advance warning of our Pandoras shipping? Craig's been more or less MIA and I'm not sure if he's even answering questions about the preorders anymore, At this point I don't even know what my address is going to be next week. I really don't want to have to wait for it to ship to the US, then have to pay for and wait for it to ship from there to the PRC. Not to mention any relevant duties that would rack up. It would be nice to know if my unit is supposed to be coming in the next couple weeks so I know when I need to change my address

Sounds amazing!

Is it possible for use to get some video of the first German Pandora board coming off the line? Even if it is just a short one?

Just a thought, but given that the hardware is getting harder to get hold of, and new tech is creeping in to the project as is, how long will this production run of the Pandora last anyway?

Would it make more sense for the people like myself who have been waiting for 3 years to pull out and reorder the new spec machine that is bound to be announced?

Hate the idea of waiting years only to get one, then production terminated, a new model announced, and all development and software jumped over to the new panny.

As I said just a thought I wondered how other classic preorder people feel about.

man this took way longer than I expected. My English is not the best and I have never created subs before so I am sure that there is a lot to improve. I have no Idea how the attachment system on this board software works so I put it on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/JsjTa93M

You can open the stream (http://wstreaming.zdf.de/zdf/veryhigh/120217_opensourcekonsole_pix.asx) with (for example) VLC and then load the srt file.

Many thanks for taking the time to do the translation and creating the subtitles. :)

Thank you also to PaulForey for the revised version.

- Neelix

Are we going to get any advance warning of our Pandoras shipping?

I'm interested in this as well, for myself and for a friend who ordered, since he's in the process of moving right now.

Would it make more sense for the people like myself who have been waiting for 3 years to pull out and reorder the new spec machine that is bound to be announced?
I'm creeping toward my 3rd year myself, but it's probably best not to cancel. There's no guarantee there will be a "Pandora 2". The boards coming off the line this coming week are going to have more memory than before, and since the 512MB it will have is the limit of the chip, this is probably as good as it's going to get till the sequel (if it happens).

Hate the idea of waiting years only to get one, then production terminated, a new model announced, and all development and software jumped over to the new panny.

In the short term, the only spec improvement will be from 1GHz overclocked to 1GHz as standard after a few thousand pandoras have been produced. The software should be the same.

There is also project 3 coming along behind the scenes somewhere.

ED has stated that the chip he wants for the P2 will not be available before mid 2013, so I wouldn't hold your breath too much.

Anyway, if people pull out now, there will probably be some major financial issues for the project. Also, if everyone holds their breath for new less old hardware, there will be no orders the use up the old CPU's

Much better to offer to buy an Pandora fitted with the new CPU, while also paying for the old one to be wasted. Maybe.

Are we going to get any advance warning of our Pandoras shipping?

I'm interested in this as well, for myself and for a friend who ordered, since he's in the process of moving right now.
IMHO there should be a reconfirmation email going out soon, just because of the extended period of time and the possibility of things having changed or about to change. An option to upgrade the shipping option would be nice as well.

any chance you can / [RECORD] the first Pandora of the new batch.

i.e.

Finishing the First one.

Packing into a Box.

Labeling (Maybe showing a *hint* of who its going to)

And the final GoodBye as it disappears into the postmans bag.

that would be pretty deadly and the definative, [Yes look lads its happening now]

any chance you can / [RECORD] the first Pandora of the new batch.

i.e.

Finishing the First one.

Packing into a Box.

Labeling (Maybe showing a *hint* of who its going to)

And the final GoodBye as it disappears into the postmans bag.

that would be pretty deadly and the definative, [Yes look lads its happening now]
I'm taking my GoPro HD to shoot video of some of this. Not sure what ED plans to do as his equipment is much more high tech than mine but bigger/bulkier.

Back