Jump To Moon

kouky

Website
www.caou.org
I've been working on Jump To Moon, a game with a similar gameplay to the popular iPhone game Doodle Jump.
Your lil' cosmonaut jumps from platforms to platform while you tilt the Caanoo to give him a general direction.

The goal is the reach the moon...

Few WIP screen shots:

jump_to_moon_1.png
jump_to_moon_2.png
jump_to_moon_3.png

Final release coming soon :)

it's like icy tower with g-sensor? aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeesoooooooooommmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee :)

aah, i've been waiting to see progress on this! looks nice! keep it coming :)

kouky said:
The game is mostly done, I'm now looking for ideas to make it more exciting to play...

Hey kouky, i haven't played the game yet so i don't know what you already had implemented, but i do own an android phone, there's a game on there named "abduction" see you tube video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R75mle0uFeg

It might give you a few idea's to add to your game, from my head these are things they added :

- bomb packages dropping from the sky which you can't thouch (you can use a variation on this for your theme like comets or something)
- Breakable platforms, like platforms you can only touch once or two / three times ...
- super jumps or something along those lines, like take a certain item and you can then jump higher or further
- Collecting items like each level has a star on a difficult place to capture and you need to collect those for some purpose (unlock new levels ???)
- the android game also let you buy certain items to "dress" your character (in the android game you have a cow and you can "dress" it with diffrent kind of hats etc) (= unlockables)
- i'm sure you could invent many other things when it comes to power ups that either affect you in a positive way or negative way...

but as i said i don't know what is implemented already :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always put up an alpha/beta demo and field the community for ideas!

Thank you for the input Joyrider,

I will add falling meteors!

Other suggestions such as special platform & speed bonus are already in.

Hey, just finally played your game! I had a load of fun!
Very good design overall ... is the the first portrait homebrew game?

I would love to see this game taken further with power ups and mechanics that build on what you have created.

I suppose that you want know "where you can download the game"...
here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,35,628
or inside the App Store of official GPH website ( http://www.fungp.com )... ;)

Hi,
nice game you've made. It's a real time killer...
Last time I saw a game similar to Doodle Jump, but instead of jumping to the top you have to fall down, but if you get too fast you'll die.
Maybe you can do a game like that. "Fall to the Earth" or so. :)

This looks also nice.
What I mean is a game looking similar to Doodle Jump, with the difference that you jump down.
And if you have time and like the idea, I would like to see a game (from you) with similar graphics to this game (Jump to the Moon) and the same game idea like in the game mentioned above. I think this would be a nice alternative. And the brown red color scheme seems also to fit good. ;)

Back